What is Endocrynologist?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2007, 07:44 AM
x3 TiFFaNi x3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh going to see Dr on June 25th. Dr is an endocrynologist.

My dh have low semen. Wanted take test to check his testocone level. Came back Low... Sent me another test check his prolcation level.. came back Higher.. Again sent him another test of MRI.. Came back everything is normal. They dont know why his prolcation is higher. Sent him to see Speicality.

Have anyone experince with your so,dh or df?!?!

Thanks Yall so much
June 12th, 2007, 08:26 AM
MegC's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MegC
My DH hasn't had to see an endocrinologist, but I did some searching on prolactin and testosterone. Testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, and prolactin (along with a multitude of other hormones) are present in both men and women in varying amounts. Typically, women will have increased amounts of estrogen, progesterone, and prolactin. In women, prolactin stimulates the production of breast milk. In men with low testosterone, prolactin levels are usually elevated. According to my lab tests online, when prolactin levels are increased, they typically follow that with an MRI to make sure that the pituitary is functioning properly. and to rule out a pituitary tumor. It also says that his doctor might check his thyroid as increased prolactin levels are often seen in patients with hypothyroidism. If your DH is being sent to an endocrinologist (who specializes in hormones), then they'll probably figure out what it is.

Hope this is somewhat helpful!
Meg

</div>
June 12th, 2007, 08:57 AM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, an RE is a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Most fertility clinics have doctors that are RE's that specialize in fertility issues with men and women.

Here's a definition I got on the web: "A medical specialty combining obstetrics and gynecology with endocrinology to treat reproductive disorders".

Hope that helps!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
x3 TiFFaNi x3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THATS REALLY HELP A LOT.. THATS WHY HIS DR SENT HIM TO HORMONES SPEICAITLY. Is thats bad stuff?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search