Need someone to talk to-

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry if I ramble, but I am just a bit numb at the moment and my head is foggy from crying. Guys, I really need to hear from you b/c I had my month of testing this month and just got back all the results. I had my appt and my hubby went with me. His SA came back fine, good news there. I have a blocked right tube, which I now need to wait til my period and then schedule a laproscopy to see if they can fix it or should remove it. Now the really bad news. He said my FSH was 18.1 and 30.1, tested at 2 different times. That is horrible. They want it to be under 5 or something like that, but mine is showing diminished egg quality and diminished reserve. Also, I did a clomid challenge and they like to see b/w 10-20 eggs and mine was 4 or 5. I am 30 and he said based on my health and age he did not expect to see these results and that he was really sorry. He said that some women that have these results will enter menopause in 5-7 years. Our options at this point since I've already tried clomid with no succes, after I get the laproscopy, are to try injectables with IUI. Then if that doesn't work in a few cycles, we try injectables with IVF. If that doesn't work in a few cycles, our option is to do donor eggs. I am so depressed. I don't look down on anyone for using donor eggs, but I feel so defected like I may never get to know what a baby will look like with my and DH's genes. He is an only child, so I feel like I am letting down the whole family and I feel like a failure as a woman I tried to hold it together for most of the appt, but then I started bawling. I guess I will try to cheer up after today, and take it one step at a time. First step is to get through the laproscopy and then pray like crazy that injectibles can change the quality of my eggs good enough to use my own eggs for IUI or IVF.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
June 13th, 2007, 12:40 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Sorry if I ramble, but I am just a bit numb at the moment and my head is foggy from crying. Guys, I really need to hear from you b/c I had my month of testing this month and just got back all the results. I had my appt and my hubby went with me. His SA came back fine, good news there. I have a blocked right tube, which I now need to wait til my period and then schedule a laproscopy to see if they can fix it or should remove it. Now the really bad news. He said my FSH was 18.1 and 30.1, tested at 2 different times. That is horrible. They want it to be under 5 or something like that, but mine is showing diminished egg quality and diminished reserve. Also, I did a clomid challenge and they like to see b/w 10-20 eggs and mine was 4 or 5. I am 30 and he said based on my health and age he did not expect to see these results and that he was really sorry. He said that some women that have these results will enter menopause in 5-7 years. Our options at this point since I've already tried clomid with no succes, after I get the laproscopy, are to try injectables with IUI. Then if that doesn't work in a few cycles, we try injectables with IVF. If that doesn't work in a few cycles, our option is to do donor eggs. I am so depressed. I don't look down on anyone for using donor eggs, but I feel so defected like I may never get to know what a baby will look like with my and DH's genes. He is an only child, so I feel like I am letting down the whole family and I feel like a failure as a woman I tried to hold it together for most of the appt, but then I started bawling. I guess I will try to cheer up after today, and take it one step at a time. First step is to get through the laproscopy and then pray like crazy that injectibles can change the quality of my eggs good enough to use my own eggs for IUI or IVF.[/b]
I'm so sorry, that is very rough. I hope the best for your treatment...
June 13th, 2007, 01:10 PM
aries2276's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello,

I had a m/c last year.My FSH level is 13 something.I was on meds and after two IUI's I was pregnent but turned out to be ectopic.Just had laparoscopy last week and recovering from it.

I'm not writing this to scare you but to let you know that with meds ( i used gonal-f and I'm 31 ) I did become pregnent.Good that your doc is doing the lap first and can fix/remove the tube.Just have faith.

All the best for lap and treatment.PM me anytime.

TTC #1 since Feb 2006
Apr 06 - m/c. Aug 06 to Jan 06 - TTC naturally.
Feb 07 to Nov 07 - 5 unsuccessful IUI's with injectibles,1 ectopic,1 Laproscopy.Lost left tube

IVF:
Jan 08 IVF # 1 - Ovulated Early. Converted to IUI -BFN
Mar 08 IVF # 2 - BFN

New RE:
May 08 - Clomid and IUI- BFP
Thank you Jesus for this miracle.

Our Precious baby born 5 Feb 09 @ 7:52pm. 7lb 8oz, 19 1/2"

June 13th, 2007, 01:17 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that really sucks. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. The good news is that there ARE eggs, so you aren't totally out of the game, it just may be a tougher road than you had anticipated.

I have heard that wheatgrass can dramatically improve FSH levels and egg quality as can maintaining an alkaline diet (wheatgrass helps to maintain that alkalinity, so it is probably linked), so it might be something to try -- you can either take the fresh juice, powder, or tablets -- the latter two can be found at your local health food store. I also have heard that whey protein helps with egg quality. Good luck -- if I hear of anything else, I will let you know.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 13th, 2007, 01:23 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Let me just start by saying YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE AS A WOMAN!!!! I know that I feel this way all the time (i can hardly ever ovulate on my own- even with clomid) and it makes me feel defective and less womanly- but it is a HUGE lie!!! You were made perfect by God in every way, you are beautiful, smart, and have purpose in this world. Don't give in to that lie of you being a failure!!!!

Secondly- I am so sorry about the news- I know that would be so hard to hear and even comprehend, I will be praying for you.

<>< Melissa
June 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I am so sorry hun. I really recommend the book the Infertility Cure. Great supplements int here. Wheatgrass is a huge help for lowering FSH and some believe DHEA will help improve your egg count if you have higher FSH as well. I would definitely look into TCM and acu as well - you will have so many more options available to you to try and see if you can improve those numbers.

You are by no means a failure as a women. It is hard to feel betrayed by your body - I totally understand that. But there are possibly some great options available out there so don't give up yet.

You can PM me if you have any questions or need to vent hun (((hugs)))

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Never say you are a failure as a woman! You are also not letting anyone down. The whole process of reproduction is so unpredictable and still somethign that science hasn't gotten complete control over, nor do they completely understand it. It's so complicated to make a new life and have everything run perfectly. It's not up to you that everything runs perfectly. It is so frustrating when things go wrong when you want something so badly.

I love kids. I can get pregnant, but I've lost every one of them so far! I have just gotten pregnant with IVF and I'm hopeful that this will be the answer to my prayers. By the way, I am 34, and I only have 5 mature eggs too, not to mention on ly fertilized properly. Maybe the methods you were using was just not the best options. Maybe one of the other ones will work better for you. IVF worked for me, maybe it will work for you!

If you did have to go to using a donor egg, remember that through the generosity of someone else, you were able to have that miracle. It may not be fully your genes, but that baby will be fully yours to love and to raise as yours. It'll be your body that grows it. It'll be your body that nourishes it. it'll be your body that feeds it and supports it. And when that baby is born, it'll be the baby you supported through those 9 months inside your body that you'd be feeding and caring for. It'll be yours 100% So don't second guess the genetic make-up. That baby will love you no matter what.

But let's just start with the next step. Hopefully, you and your husband can find a way to get you pregnant without having to worry about egg donation or any other option you may not desire at this time. You are still young. There are still other options for you.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 14th, 2007, 04:24 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, hun you aren't a failure by any means. Sometimes we are just thrown curve balls. We aren't ever given more than we cna handle and some of us get worse than others. We are here for you and know that hope is not lost by any means. My FSH on my baseline scan for this cycle was 17. It has not ever been that high, but you never know from cycle to cycle. I say try Stina's book suggestion and I am sure there are plenty of ways to improve the situation through natural means. Just remember we are here for you ((((hugs))))
June 14th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie! I wish I could give you a great big hug right now. Keep positive. W/ meds, you will be able to get pg. Try to focus on that. It may take a little more than what you expected BUT it isn't the end of your ttc journey. Things will happen in God's time & you have to believe that everything will work itself out.

June 14th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry you got bad news at your appointment.

First and foremost, you are absolutely not a failure as a woman. I think we can all relate to the feeling of our bodies letting us down, but you can't let that overwhelm you into thinking you're a failure in some way.

Also, you do still have some options here, so don't completely give up hope. I believe that with medical assistance you definitely still have the possibility of getting pregnant. As long as you have options, you can never give up.

*hugs* hang in there and once you've given yourself a chance to get over the disappointment of this appointment, dust yourself off, clean yourself off and take the next step towards treatment. You can do this!

June 15th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
Massive Hugs Shannon
xxxx

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search