Fert Report

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2007, 06:22 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, the lab just called, she said that of the 13 eggs, 10 were mature and ICSI'd. As of this morning, there are 7 normally fertilized and 3 abnormally fertilized. She said I would not receive any more calls and to come in on Saturday (day 3) and that the embryologist would go over what we have at that time and decide whether to go to day 5 or not. She said for what I had the fert % is good. They will do AH on the embryo(s) we decide to transfer and that the rest they will allow to go to day 7 and then freeze. Does this sound good to you guys??
June 14th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Sounds good to me! You're about bang on the averages for fertilization, so all good there.

AH will only be done if they are Day 3, as far as I know you can't AH on a blast.

Only one thing sounded a big odd to me and that was waiting until Day 7 to freeze? I haven't heard of that one before - do they have a reason for waiting?

As far as the Day 3 vs. Day 5 thing - I'm always more inclined to wait until Day 5 where possible, but people's opinions on this will vary. I can tell you that you can expect about 50% of embryos you have right now to make it to Day 5 (on average). So, of your 7, you can expect 3 - 4 to make it. That gives you 2 to transfer now (I'm assuming they'll do 2 for you) and 1 - 2 to freeze.

You're exactly where I was this past cycle on count. I had 10 mature eggs, 7 fertilized, 6 made to Day 3 and 4 made it to Day 5.

Good luck, Sandy! Keeping all crossables crossed that those embies start dividing nicely.

June 14th, 2007, 07:43 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
That's a great report Sandy. I have also never heard of freezing that late in the game because theoretically, if an embie makes it to blast, it would be almost ready to implant by day 7. Maybe you just misunderstood her?

I wish my clinic did more 5 day transfers but they do more 3 day than anything. It is the opinion of some clinics that if an embie can't make it to blast, it wouldn't have made it anyhow - BUT a lot of doctors disagree with that thought. Lots of women get preggers on a 3dt too so I think you will be great either way.

OMG it sucks you don't get a second report though. Wow

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM
I got the 7 day thing figured out. They freeze at blast, and the longest they will allow the embryo to attempt to make it to blast is 7 days. So if it is blast at 5 days then they freeze then, but if the embie is not blast by 7 days, they won't freeze. I swear my mind must take a vacation whenever they tell me important stuff. All this IVF stuff is so stressful and mind wracking that I can't keep anything straight lol
June 15th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sandy!!!! Great report! I'm not on the up & up on IVF since I have yet to experience it but from what the girls have said, you are doing pretty good. Let's all cross our fingers for good embies & blasts!

June 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Ahh I get it.

What's up with your signature Sandy? Is it just me or does it say Sany now with a little 'a' down at the bottom?

I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
[/b]</div>
June 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
My siggie looks right to me?? Does it look strange to anyone else???
June 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your report sounds awesome Sandy!

I checked out your Siggie and looks okay to me.
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 16th, 2007, 04:29 AM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sandy Siggie - I take it back...I was reading another one of your posts and the A and the Y was missing...but I did not see it on this thread....strange .
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 16th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Good luck at the RE appt today Sandy! I am anxious to know if you will be transferring some embies or waiting for day 5

[/b]</div>
June 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck!!!!!! YOu've been through so much, I so want this to happen for you this cycle! *fingers crossed*

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search