I start clomid on Saturday

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Veteran
Well I'm starting clomid day 5 thru 9. Then in a week I'm getting the HCG shot. My Dr. is starting me on 100 mg. I always thought they started you on 50 mg. But what ever he thinks is right. I have PCOS and IR so I'm taking met. as well. I hope this cycle works because I only want to take clomid once and then see if the met will straighten me out. I usually have no problems getting pregnant, and I'm scared of getting twins. I would welcome whatever I get but as I have 3 young children right at the moment, it would just be diffecult. My husband really wants twins. ahhh I know that it's a small chance but I can't help but wonder. I'm nervus about the side effects. I guess this is a tiny vent as well. thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

June 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Well I'm starting clomid day 5 thru 9. Then in a week I'm getting the HCG shot. My Dr. is starting me on 100 mg. I always thought they started you on 50 mg. But what ever he thinks is right. I have PCOS and IR so I'm taking met. as well. I hope this cycle works because I only want to take clomid once and then see if the met will straighten me out. I usually have no problems getting pregnant, and I'm scared of getting twins. I would welcome whatever I get but as I have 3 young children right at the moment, it would just be diffecult. My husband really wants twins. ahhh I know that it's a small chance but I can't help but wonder. I'm nervus about the side effects. I guess this is a tiny vent as well. thanks for letting me get this off my chest.[/b]
I hate taking clomid. My husband calls me the Clomonster because I'm kind of a jerk for the entire cycle. Also, it makes BD painful It will all be worth it when you get PG though. Good luck, I hope you only have to take it once.
June 15th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the reply. I'm scared of being a monster to my family. I've already warned them. I just don't want to be horrible during fathers day. Ohh what we do for babies. Are you currently taking clomid this cycle, and did it make you O the first time you took it. thanks

June 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm scared of being a monster to my family. I've already warned them. I just don't want to be horrible during fathers day. Ohh what we do for babies. Are you currently taking clomid this cycle, and did it make you O the first time you took it. thanks[/b]
I am taking Clomid this cycle. I took it in Decemeber. I O on my own so yes. It just gives me more than one egg, more targets increases our chances. My DH has low morphology but excellent count and motility.
June 15th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm scared of being a monster to my family. I've already warned them. I just don't want to be horrible during fathers day. Ohh what we do for babies. Are you currently taking clomid this cycle, and did it make you O the first time you took it. thanks[/b]
I am taking Clomid this cycle. I took it in Decemeber. I O on my own so yes. It just gives me more than one egg, more targets increases our chances. My DH has low morphology but excellent count and motility.
[/b]

i took clomid last month and this month. last month, i don't think it made me cranky, but it did make me cry. at everything. for example, i watch general hospital every day (have for like 20 years), anyways, i'd find myself bawling at it. uhm, hello, its not real. LOL. half the time i'd realize i'd been crying and i had no idea why. must have been a commercial or something.

at any rate, its not so bad, i don't have any of the other side effects, and i'm a wimp, everything usually gives me side effects. i hope it works out for you. i'm on the 50 mg. and we're going to try IUI this cycle. also, i have a friend who has pcos, she took something that starts with a P (i can't remember the drug) and was able to conceive her first cycle (the lucky dog!), so keep your fingers crossed.

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN

June 15th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Veteran
well I always got pg on the first try. Not counting last month when I didn't even O. When I told my husband about the PCOS he takes all the credit for me getting pg so easily. He says he has super spermies. Lizzy and OHChick I hope this is your month. My sil took it one month and had a hard time with it. She didn't get pg though. I'm taking epo and baby aspirin to counter act the possilbe side effects it has on the lining and cm. I hope it works.

June 15th, 2007, 02:01 PM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have too much too add, but I wanted to wish you luck!!!
June 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HI! Welcome aboard! I want to start off w/ telling you something about EPO. I told my RE when we 1st met w/ him that I was taking it & he told me to stop immediately. Apparently it can interfere w/ the production of estrogen. You may want to try cough syrup instead to counter act no CM. As for the evil Clomid, looking back, it was a tough road as far as fertility treatment goes. I would wake up in the middle of the night soaked w/ sweat from the hot flashes. I got really bloated but I could have dealt w/ that alone IF I hadn't been so emotional about gaining weight. The hot flashes were the worst, especially at night. I got them during the day too but the worst that ever happened was that I felt a bit light headed.

Now, the flip side is that when I took Clomid w/ injections, I only dealt w/ mild hot flashes & nothing else. Ok, the injections made me very bloated but I really didn't have any mood swings, cry, or feel down. My best advice is to let your dr know when you encounter a s/e so that it is on the record. BTW, I am also IR & have PCOS although I don't fit any of the symptoms such as excessive hair growth, overweight, etc. They were actually surprised at the dx but am glad that they gave me met b/c I now O on my own w/o any problems.

June 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say good luck...I was a Clomid a couple of years ago (I also have PCOS and IR) and I can really remember the night sweats and hot flashes. It did not help that I live in Atlanta and the heat here does not help. Just remember that ice cream and the air conditioner can be your best fried. But as you can see by the responses, all of us react differently.

Wishing for all the best for you!
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 15th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Veteran
Quote:
HI! Welcome aboard! I want to start off w/ telling you something about EPO. I told my RE when we 1st met w/ him that I was taking it & he told me to stop immediately. Apparently it can interfere w/ the production of estrogen. You may want to try cough syrup instead to counter act no CM. As for the evil Clomid, looking back, it was a tough road as far as fertility treatment goes. I would wake up in the middle of the night soaked w/ sweat from the hot flashes. I got really bloated but I could have dealt w/ that alone IF I hadn't been so emotional about gaining weight. The hot flashes were the worst, especially at night. I got them during the day too but the worst that ever happened was that I felt a bit light headed.

Now, the flip side is that when I took Clomid w/ injections, I only dealt w/ mild hot flashes & nothing else. Ok, the injections made me very bloated but I really didn't have any mood swings, cry, or feel down. My best advice is to let your dr know when you encounter a s/e so that it is on the record. BTW, I am also IR & have PCOS although I don't fit any of the symptoms such as excessive hair growth, overweight, etc. They were actually surprised at the dx but am glad that they gave me met b/c I now O on my own w/o any problems.[/b]
I'm in arizona so hot flashes are going to be rough if I get them. So epo is no good. so when should I start taking the cough syrup. I'm going to try the musinex. One pill a day sounds better than choking down the liquid several times a day. I really apprieate all the well wishes I have received. It makes this whole thing alot easier.
Another question. I'm getting the trigger shot next friday 22nd. Getting the trigger will it make me for sure O. any thoughts would be welcome.

June 15th, 2007, 11:10 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to the wonderful world of Clomid!!

I started Clomid this month for the first time. I was really worried about side effects, but honestly, I think the only side effect I had was a little more painful ovulation than normal. Nothing too bad. No moodiness, no hot flashes, nothing. Now - who knows if I will have them next month if I have to take it again, but I seem to get along with Clomid pretty well

I wish you the best of luck!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 17th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Clomid!!

I started Clomid this month for the first time. I was really worried about side effects, but honestly, I think the only side effect I had was a little more painful ovulation than normal. Nothing too bad. No moodiness, no hot flashes, nothing. Now - who knows if I will have them next month if I have to take it again, but I seem to get along with Clomid pretty well

I wish you the best of luck!![/b]

Thanks for the welcome. Well I'm on day 2 and things are going well. It seems af has left the building. I usually have af for seven and she's gone on day six. Maybe I offended her and she won't be back for a really long time. lol. The only side effects I"m getting is an hour after taking the clomid I have a slight upset stomache, and alittle insominia. Hense the late post. I hope things don't get worse but if they do I'll handle it.

June 17th, 2007, 09:11 AM
jdecke04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jdecke04 Send a message via MSN to jdecke04 Send a message via Yahoo to jdecke04
Good luck. Keep us posted.

</div>
June 20th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Veteran
I took my last pill today. I'm so happy I'm done taking them. It's hard for me to take pills everyday. I already have to take my metformin twice a day. And the regular stuff. Clomid just added one more. I'm just so glad it is done. Yay. Now I just have to wait until friday at 910 for my trigger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search