Wednesday Wisdom

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going w/ our theme day, we all need some wisdom on getting & giving injections! I know all of us haven't gotten there yet but for those of us that have & found a rather painless way of doing injections, share your wisdom!

Personally, I have DH do it. I mix everything & get the injection ready. Then I give it over to DH. We pick the spot, I pinch the skin & I close my eyes. He normally starts telling me to breathe deep, which I do & then he just sticks me when I am not expecting it. No biggie at all! As for the deep shots, I ice my rear where he will be giving me the shot & then he does it. By that time, I can't feel a thing. Honestly, it doesn't start to hurt until about 24 hrs later & then the soreness sets in. I think it is all about attitude. Think + & things will go well!

June 20th, 2007, 06:48 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I did all my subQ shots myself. I just got the stuff ready, counted to three and stuck. Sometimes it pinched and sometimes it didn't. After the shot was done, I didn't feel a thing. The needles were small and thin and they just did not hurt. I think maybe 3 out of all of them stung, and I think they were just in a bit sideways or something. I never pinched skin, I am just to fluffy to have anything to pinch. All my fat isn't flabby and if you try to pinch it, it just rolls away LOL...

For the IM injections, DH does. We don't ice, we don't mess around. I get the needle ready, hand it over and he wipes a spot with alchohol, pinches and slooowly LOL puts the needle in. Well the first part he does slowly, then when I flinch he shoves it in. Then to be honest it is over. And truthfully, most of the time I feel the pinch and then I am saying "Is it all the way in yet?" And He is telling me he is done. I asked him why he goes so slow at first instead of just jabbing it in there, and he said that when I flinch for that second, I end up jabbing it in myself kinda and that the doc told him there would be less bruising. I don't have a bruise yet. Whatever works right LOL
June 20th, 2007, 07:01 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Well first round of IVF DH did most my shots and I was all bruised up. This time I did most of them and other than the dull needle experience, I have no bruises. (Mental note when it doesn't go in after the 3rd jab get a new needle instead of jabbing over and over again )

I just grab a chunk (sadly yes I have chunk leftover from pregnancy #1) and put the needle in at an angle. I leave the stinging meds til last or else everything hurts. For the most part I found it somewhat empowering (weirdo) doing it myself. It doesn't hurt, just certain meds sting a little going in (Menopur to be exact).

Also be prepared that as the hormones build in your system it stings a bit more the last couple of nights of injects - or it did for me.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 20th, 2007, 09:44 AM
aries2276's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH does everything right from getting ready the injection.I just pinch my skin and close my eyes.

TTC #1 since Feb 2006
Apr 06 - m/c. Aug 06 to Jan 06 - TTC naturally.
Feb 07 to Nov 07 - 5 unsuccessful IUI's with injectibles,1 ectopic,1 Laproscopy.Lost left tube

IVF:
Jan 08 IVF # 1 - Ovulated Early. Converted to IUI -BFN
Mar 08 IVF # 2 - BFN

New RE:
May 08 - Clomid and IUI- BFP
Thank you Jesus for this miracle.

Our Precious baby born 5 Feb 09 @ 7:52pm. 7lb 8oz, 19 1/2"

June 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
candy123365's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to candy123365
I use the follistim aq so I put on the needle and dial but dh gives the shot. The trigger i mix and dh gives me that one too lol. I can't seem to inflict pain on my self. lol.

June 20th, 2007, 03:07 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh did everything for me. I mixed and he stuck. When it came time for my PIO shots I warmed up the progesterone by sticking it in my bra. Then I used a very hot wash cloth on my toosh for about 5 mins to help the oil spread out after the injection. I never had any type of discomfort really from the PIO shots or the Sub Q shots. The one thing that did freaking hurt is the Menopur. OH my gosh that stuff stung!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search