DH and I talked last night.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2007, 05:49 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I didn't go to the urologist appt, and dh was really upset with the visit I didn't ask him many questions Monday (and with dh you've got to ask questions to find out anything). So last night I asked him a few more. The doc didn't explain the results, but he did say that since dh has had 2 children he's not as concerned as he would be if he didn't have any. I don't know why that makes a difference. But he did say his results could be because dh works in the sun all day and stays hot. He did recommend to wear silk boxers because the silk would absorb the heat better. He said if we don't concieve naturally the only other option would be IVF! But I think we could have a chance with IUI. So anyway, we'll see.

Anywho, just wanted to share that!

Does anyone think that if I was on clomid or femara then my eggs would have a better chance of getting fertilized by dh's good fellas?

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

June 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM
Super Mommy
I don't think Clomid or Femara give a 'better chance' of being fertilized, but they can help you produce 1 or 2 more eggs to there are more 'targets' for the spermies.

If I remember correctly, there is only a 10% or so chance of conceiving with the drugs alone, doing timed intercourse. About 20% with the Clomid and IUI, slightly higher with injectables and IUI, and about 50% with IVF.

Talk to your doc to ask if you can do the IUI - the sperm washing gets rid of all the slow/bad sperm and literally keeps the 'cream of the crop' for the insemination.

Good Luck!

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
June 21st, 2007, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JeanneMo
popping in...
When I was having that issue, I wondered the same thing. I thought if I was making more eggs, that would make more targets for the few swimmers to hit. The dr. didn't jump on board with my theory, but I didn't push it. Another friend of mine first suggested it cause that is what happened for them supposedly so I'd ask the Dr. about his/her thoughts on the issue.
My dr. DID tell me when I asked about that, that some Drs. will put MEN on chlomid to increase count.
I haven't read your whole story, but assume count is the issue. MY DH didn't want to try that, but again, can't hurt looking into it on your side!!!

Hope that helps!
Good luck!

My how they've grown!!! </div>
June 21st, 2007, 04:34 PM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
popping in...
When I was having that issue, I wondered the same thing. I thought if I was making more eggs, that would make more targets for the few swimmers to hit. The dr. didn't jump on board with my theory, but I didn't push it. Another friend of mine first suggested it cause that is what happened for them supposedly so I'd ask the Dr. about his/her thoughts on the issue.
My dr. DID tell me when I asked about that, that some Drs. will put MEN on chlomid to increase count.
I haven't read your whole story, but assume count is the issue. MY DH didn't want to try that, but again, can't hurt looking into it on your side!!!

Hope that helps!
Good luck![/b]
Thanks for responding, actually it's his morphology that's the issue. He's only got 5% morphology. I'm actually going to buy some FertilAid. I see you are expecting, congrats!!!!!!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

June 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
what the other gals have said. Hopefully the FertilAid will do the trick & help DHs boys out.

June 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Miles
Dh has low sperm count and his dr told us the same thing. Since he got me pg with the one I miscarried and with DD they were not too worried about it too much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search