Roll Call!!!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've noticed we have gotten an influx of new members & see that our old members have quite a bit going on. Come on in & tell us about yourself & what you are doing to get pg w/ med assistance.

Currently, I am waiting for DH to get his freakin' boys into the RE so that they can do a s/a b/c the last time we did the IUI, there was bacteria in the sample. Of course, this has proven to be difficult b/c DH is stubborn like that. The good thing is that we have about 17 days before AF arrives so we have a bit of time. I really want to do another IUI cycle if his boys are doing better. That would be great b/c I have the whole month of July off & wouldn't have to worry about taking time off, etc. Other than that, we are going to ttc this cycle in hopes of not having to do the next cycle. We'll see what happens!

June 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now Im just sitting in limbo waiting for AF to arrive. This next cycle Im going to use my new OV watch I bought along with 50mg of clomid.
I have called my RE's office and talked with them about doing another GIFT cycle. I will start injections in August and retrieval will be set probably the first or 2nd week of September. My RE hopes that adding Menopur earlier and taking it longer will increase the amount of eggs he retrieves as last time he was dissapointed at only getting 10 eggs when I had about 20 follicles. We will again be fertilizing the left over eggs w/ICSI and letting them go to blast stage. Im hoping we get at least 3 eggs to freeze this time! My belly button is going to look like a war zone!! This will make my 3rd laparoscopy since July 06!

June 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Super Mommy
I had IUI done today (first time for IUI, 2nd cycle of 50mg Clomid), follicles were good sized 23mm and 11mm of uterine lining. DH outdid himself, he had 15.4 mil fellers with 96% motility, so I'm praying they have excellent direction and head into the *left* side, since my RE thinks the right tube may have a blockage. I have been really sick since we left the dr's office, I assume its just nerves, relief, etc. So I'm in the evil 2ww.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying being mom to 3 dogs, 2 cats, 8 alpacas, 25 chickens and a rooster.

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN

June 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Veteran
I'm waiting for my trigger shot. in may I was dx with pcos. put on metformin and clomid. clomid was day 5-9 100 mg. day 11 us showed one follie 13 mm. I wasn't so happy about that. So I go in friday to see if it has grown big enough to trigger. I hope so. i'm still optomistic because I have had 3 successful pg with only one follie.

June 24th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on my 3rd Clomid cycle-----took 50mg days 3-7 this time----getting lots of insomnia and hot flashes I saw my dr last week, said we'll keep going with this dose for another few months, and to BD every 2nd day for the ENTIRE MONTH You know where I'll be if I'm not on JM
Marie
June 24th, 2007, 03:32 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
After my first cycle on clomid, I am just waiting for AF to arrive or not .. whichever comes first. Of course I'm hoping she doesn't arrive!! Either way, my 2ww ends this week, so I will let you all know!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are doing IVF with ICSI. I just finished my last BCP yesterday. I'm still taking my Lupron injections and will have my fist b/w and u/s on June 29th. This is our second IVF cycle and the only difference is that I was also diagnosed with a blood clotting issues (which led to my 2 m/c). So, we are praying this is our time.
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 25th, 2007, 12:27 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I'm on cd 31 and should be seeing AF any day now. She has never showed up past cd 33, so i know her time is quickly approaching . I used Tamoxifen (which is very similar to clomid) and ovulated... sometime... I was so busy this month i didn't temp. or use any opks. I was just happy to ovulate, since that seems to be the only thing preventing us this far. I have been getting cramps and sharp pains though, so i have a sneaking suspicion there is something else preventing conception, like scar tissue or something... i don't know. Either way, I am praying for a miracle and hoping to God that he blesses me with a baby soon!!
June 25th, 2007, 04:20 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I did IVF with ICSI and AH... we got a BFP on our first try at 6dp5dt which is 11dpo. Right now I am on cloud 9, nervous and hopeful and all sorts of emotions. Today I am reflecting back on how long it actually took to get this "real" bfp after finding out I never really had a chance. I am praying for an uneventful 9 months
June 25th, 2007, 05:56 AM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Took 50mg clomid for the second month. Not sure if it worked or not this month FF says no. I am on cd21 so we will see. Feel free to stalk me!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
June 25th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well it looks like our ttc plans are going to be onhold for 8 months since dh is being deployed. I'm going to make an appt today to get dh's swimmers frozen so we can do IUI while he is gone. It's not 100% decided if this is what we are going to do or not yet. We will make a definate decision next week when he comes home.
He did bring up a good point while we were talking about it the other night. If we do the IUI while he is gone his family is going to push lke no tomorrow for a paternity test. Cause try convincing an entire family how you got pregnant while your husband was gone, especially when his family hates you
June 25th, 2007, 07:56 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
We did IVF#2 this month and I had transfer yesterday. So I am officially in the 2ww. My beta will be July 6th however if I make it that long without POAS it would be a miracle.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Shannon and next month will mark 2 years of trying with no baby yet. I have a blocked right tube, poor egg quality and poor quantity and MTHFR+. I've done clomid and it didn't get me pregnant, so I had a Sono and HSG. My next step is once AF arrives, I have to get a laproscopy and possible surgery to fix/remove tube. From that point I will be doing injections with IUI for 2 cycles. Hope that works!! If not, it's on to injections and IVF with my eggs and last resort is to use donor eggs, since the eggs are what seems to be our problem.

Thank you to *Kiliki* for creating the perfect siggy!

"Victory is sweetest when you have known defeat" ~Malcolm Forbes

IUI #1 - Nov 07 = BFN, IUI #2 - Dec 07 = BFN
IVF #1 - Apr 08 = BFN
IVF #2 - Nov 18
Dec 2 - Beta 1: 198!! Dec 4 - Beta 2: 660!!
Dec 15 - 1st U/S - We're having twins!!!
Dec 23 - 2nd U/S - Surprise it's triplets!!!
June 25th, 2007, 08:40 AM
~Heather~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Heather~
I'm here! This is my 2nd month using clomid 100mg days 3-7. I just finished my last pill. I'm just waiting to ovulate now. We are going to bd every 2 days, then skip a day, because of DH work schedule. I'm hoping we get pregnant this month!! I would be due March 25 if I get pregnant this cycle.

June 25th, 2007, 10:46 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am 5DPO. We did Clomid + Trigger + IUI (= BFP hopefully) I am goign to have the longest 9 more days...
June 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My name is Liz. I hope you won't mind my posting in this forum. I am not currently trying to get pregnant, though I will be again in December or January. My DH and I started trying to have a family in 2004. We had two losses and then went though all kinds of infertility testing. Apparently, with my progesterone deficiency and some kind of blood disorder (just recently discovered, still waiting to have it positively identified) and DH's low count (due to a varicocele), it was a miracle we ever got pg on our own. We went the route of Clomid, Ovidrel, IUI and progesterone and got pregnant on our second cycle of that in April 0f 2006. Our son (see pic in signature) arrived 5 weeks early (due to my apparent blood disorder which caused clots to form in the placenta) in December 2006. He is worth everything we went through. We will be trying again when he is a year old and I know that I'll be going the med assistance route again. I hope I can offer some support to everyone still trying. Good luck,
Liz

February, 2005
August, 2005
June 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still here, lurking more than anything else to learn about what you ladies go thru for IVF (and WOW, man this place is a wealth of knowledge!! Before coming here I really had no idea just what IVF all involved!), since according to modern medicine that's our only chance of conceiving after having both tubes removed with ectopics. But, I'm still not giving up on that "thing" (see the link in my siggy) and if Cheri is right, July is our month . . . the way my cycle falls in July I ovulate twice in July so I guess my odds are good, huh! Either way, I still plan on getting an HSG, although if she is right I'll have to wait much longer. Keep those "grow, tube, GROW!!!" vibes coming this way!
June 26th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
HI, im currently waiting on my appt for the fertility clinic to see what our next step is. I've no idea how long i have to wait for my referral, hopefully not too long

Sheryl
xx

June 26th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Super Mommy
Hey guys! Miss Meggan here.....Just checking in to let you all know that we put our "deposit" down to get some babies at the IVF doc! lol......I have been to the consultation appt about a month ago, we go on the 6th for the nurse intake appt (im assuming thats when we'll "learn everything, get the calendar for shots, etc) and my mock transfer on that day as well....I have been told the mock transfer is really nothing-can any of you attest to that?!??!? We will be doing the actual procedure in September in hopes of a June baby!!!
June 26th, 2007, 06:00 AM
frogftsh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to frogftsh Send a message via Yahoo to frogftsh
Hi I'm Gail, and my husband is Dan. We've been TTC ever since we got married on April 29, 2006. So, for over a year now, we succeeded on our third cycle, but that ended quickly in a miscarriage. After the miscarriage, I only ovulated once, and as of last cycle, I had not ovulated since October....

This is my first cycle on 50mg of Clomid, from CD3-CD7, Estradiol CD8-CD12, and today I'm on CD16. I had a positive OPK this morning, and also a temp spike, so I'm a bit confused there and am really thinking I O'd yesterday on CD15....I start tomorrow on prometrium 100mg.

So, that's where I am, and who I am Hopefully this cycle is our money cycle, and I don't have to go on to next, but if I do, I will be taking Clomid 100MG CD3-CD7.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search