HSG Results

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I had my HSG done yesterday, and the Doctor told me my tubes "looked great, all clear" which is great news.

So now we have checked progesterone, which showed I'm ovulating. DH had his semen checked which came out normal, and now the HSG shows that my tubes are just fine!

How should I proceed from here? I am on cycle 17, and on my last visit my OB told me that if the HSG checked out ok, then DH and I could try for another 6 months or she could recommend me a fertility doctor. What would be our options with a fertility doctor right now? Anyone had experience with this? DH says that he doesn't want to go to a fertility doctor or do any of that, and is willing to try for a while longer. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Anyone know what my options would be at this point with a fertility doctor?
September 22nd, 2007, 08:08 AM
ilmsg's Avatar Veteran
I think I'm in sort of the same boat as you. DH's SA came back normal, my HSG came back normal, all bloodwork was fine, I am ovulating regularly.... BUT we have been trying for 18 months or so and nothing... I do have a short LP though. So we did start seeing an RE and the first thing he did was put me on clomid (for the LP) and I'm going to be doing IUI's. What it sounds like is that you have "unexplained infertility" which is what I have been dubbed pretty much. For that they usually try IUI with meds to give you a better shot each month. With unexplained infertility, you could probably get pg on your own, but it may just take a little longer. From what they explained to me, those with Unexplained Infertility have like a 5% chance of getting pg each month and the IUI/meds increase it to the 'regular' population of chances to get pregnant (like 15-20% each cycle). How long have you been trying? Are you prepared to wait it out? How old are you? I guess it all depends on how much of a rush you are and if you have the time to be patient...
TTC #1 since October 2006

Three Clomid/IUI cycles... all BFN
IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN
IVF #2 (FET): Cancelled due to thin lining, converted to EFT cycle

*Abnormal EFT/biopsy...surgical hysteroscopy done to remove scarring and polyps*
Mock IVF cycle and repeat EFT is NORMAL!

FET transfer 10/27, BFP!!

#1 Beta: 11/5 - 44
#2 Beta: 11/7 - 145
#3 Beta: 11/14 - 4835
1st U/S: 12/2 - no h/b, waiting to m/c

September 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I am 27 and DH is 28. We are both healthy weight and don't smoke or drink. We have been trying for 17 cycles, but we did take a month off a couple times and I'm sure we haven't timed everything perfectly each month. I'm not sure I'm ready to go through all this fertility stuff, and DH doesn't want to do it so I think I may just keep trying another 6 months or so then weigh our options after that.

Thanks for your reply, it was very helpful. Best of luck to you.
September 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
OH i totally feel better knowing there are others out there!!!!
Im 22, dh is 24, his SA came back normal, my hsg came back great, my laparoscopy showed healthy reproductive organs, my fsh and all other blood work is fine, the only problem we have is ovulation. I tried clomid/ tamoxifen for 7 months, with 5 ovulatory cycles as a result, and still NOTHING??!!! I wish i knew what was going on, or if it's just God's perfect timing??
September 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is frustrating being young and healthy yet it is taking so long to get pregnant. I have charted and done OPKs so I know when I ovulate so I'm pretty sure its not a timing thing. We seem to be timing well and everything else has checked out, so I can't figure out why I'm not getting pregnant!
September 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
i know hun... isn't it retarded??!!! uggg, i totally feel you're frustration. It bothers me that I'm so young and it's so hard to get preggers. All my other friends my age get pg by accident. I wouldn't have minded getting pg at age 20!! and here i am at 22 still with no luck!!!
September 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unexplained infertility is difficult to deal w/ b/c there is no direct fix. You have to try different things to see what is going on. Have you had a complete analysis on your b/w for hormones such as FSH, etc? If not, then I would highly recommend it. I would also put my foot down w/ my OB & tell him/her that it is time to move on to an RE, that you don't want to wait another 6 mths before going b/c it will have been 2 yrs. Some OBs don't get it. Infertility hurts no matter what the reason is for not being able to conceive. There may be some hidden issues that only an RE can discover & your OB is holding you back. I say, go for the RE!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search