I wonder

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have long suspected that being on BCP for approx 14 years might have had something to do with my ectopics. Since they both implanted way down at the fimbral end, that is a good indication, although not proven, that my cilia were paralyzed. Now there has been a study done: http://www.springerlink.com/content/v078712q35232273
But it also says the effects were reversible. I wonder what 14 years of a lab test would prove! Oh well, too late for me to try to reverse the effects!
September 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very interesting study. It could very well be that this was the issue w/ your pgcies. Isn't it sad that something that protects us from having unwanted children can also damage us & cause us to not have children when we WANT them?

September 24th, 2007, 07:10 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Kinda makes me glad I was only on bcp for one year!!! My husband was my first, and we waited until we were married to have sex, so i didn't even need to worry about bcp until we got married. A year later I was ready to start trying.... now a year later, im STILL READY!!!! lol- makes me wonder how much harder it would've been if i'd had been on it longer?
September 25th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh i am CONVINCED BC was what has caused all my problems. How can it not? All the artificial stuff we are putting in our bodies! I am glad that I did not get pg earlier in life, so I guess that is the trade off!
September 25th, 2007, 03:26 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And it's not like it was my choice to go on it at such an early age. I had terrible cramps as a kid, but the other part of the problem was that I have a high tolerance for ibuprofen/actemenafin (sp?) so it was doing no good for the cramps. So all they did was give me a pelvic exam, and since that was fine, they put me on BCP. Then once I was older and on my own, I was afraid to go off the pill bc I was afraid the horrible cramps would come back so on them I stayed, and then I got married, and we weren't ready to have kids, so on them I stayed . . . and so on, for 14 yrs total. Back then you didn't question your dr, bc they are the dr, KWIM?

There's no mention in all the risks they tell you about that this could be one of them. It should be.

Now that i'm older and into the holistic lifestyle, *if* we have kids, BCP will certainly NOT be recommended to them by me!
September 25th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not everyone has our issues, but I guess it is a trade off. If I have a daughter, I would rather have her on BCP then to get pg in college or HS when she isn't ready. I guess it is a fine balancing act!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search