The Good and Bad

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
First the good. I got my internship at the ON/GYN's office that I wanted. I am so excited about that. I just hope that my possibility of being pregnant isn't going to interfere with anything. I really liked the people working there.

Now the not-so-good news. Well, it's not really bad now, but it's a worry of mine. If this IVF doesn't work and I don't have any frozens, this will be my last attempt. It turns out because of my increase of the follistim dose, my insurance ran out. I only had a limited amount for any infertility treatments/medication. I thought I had enough for maybe another round if we chose to try again, but unfortunately, I am no longer covered for infertility treatments. I will have to pay for any future visits to my RE beyond what the ARC program will pay for. I'm a bit upset by that. It only puts that much more pressure for this time to work out well. Even if I have frozens available to me, it's going to put a lot of stress on my budget. I may not be able to afford it. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

I guess wish me luck on both situations.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!!!! Glad you got the internship you wanted!
We're in the same boat, kind of. Our insurance doesn't cover ANYTHING past the diagnosis of infertility so we're on our own for IVF, hence me searching and searching for a place that if affordable! Well, not affordable exactly, but that puts us in less debt.
September 26th, 2007, 10:34 AM
ktanker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ktanker
Hi, congrats on your internship.

I know how you feel about affording TTCMA, its ridiculously expensive, but I just wanted to say to feel blessed that you do have SOME coverage. I have none and have already racked up close to 1,000 in bills with just trying Clomid and looking for a doctor who will help me. Our budget is very tight and if the expenses continue, our journey to have a child will be over before it really started.
September 26th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Veteran
Aww, hugs girly. Insurance is so backwards, I hate it. As far as I know, I don't have a cap and my insurance covers all IUI/injectables and $10k toward IVF... but there's a good chance I'll lose my insurance by the end of the year. We will be on Tricare next year, but I will have to wait until we're stationed somewhere to really do anything, so I'm in a time crunch to get pregnant in the next three cycles. It really sucks. If I didn't have coverage, I'd already be at $1300 and that's just one appointment, one ultrasound, and blood work. I feel so terrible for those without coverage, it's really crappy.
Kim, Mommy to Briley (3) & TTC #2!
Stalk Me
My Blog
Aug 07
Ultrasound ("a little PCOS")
Sept 07
S/A (great count, good motility, poor morphology)
CD3 + CD23 blood work (good)
Oct 07
IUI #1 w/ 50 mg Clomid + Trigger - BFN

September 26th, 2007, 12:22 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Congrats on the internship! That's great news!

Definitely sending lots of lucky thoughts your way! I'm sure the last IVF will be THE one!!!!!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

September 26th, 2007, 12:31 PM
FruitLoopLace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to FruitLoopLace Send a message via Yahoo to FruitLoopLace
I understand about the insurance, I have none at all. I will keep you in my thoughts that this is THE CYCLE!!

Thank You Ashypoo03 for my Beautiful Siggy
September 26th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the intership! I am so sorry about the insurance situation. That is a real bummer but sometimes the crunch makes things happen!

September 26th, 2007, 06:49 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
than i really hope this is it for you hun!!!!! oh and congrats on the internship!!!!!!
September 26th, 2007, 11:19 PM
angeleyes80's Avatar Veteran
When do you start your 2nd fresh ivf cycle? we were in the same boat as you. our 1st ivf cycle was negative and we didn't have any to freeze. but our 2nd cycle we got our BFP 1st go. and had 2 good emby's to freeze. im sure 2nd time round will work for u!

September 27th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well, from the sound of things, if my baseline u/s goes well on the 9th, I'll have about a week of Lupron to do and then about 2 weeks of the follistim (I think), then the ovidrel (one day) and then the retrieval/transfer.

So we are looking at the very beginning of Nov possibly for the retreival. My family is going to be here during these events. I just hope it doesn't interfere with any activities.

September 27th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Sorry for the repeat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search