Went to see the RE

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 01:00 PM
MrsRodgers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MrsRodgers
Well the RE drew 11 vials of blood and is running what they call a "recurrent miscarriage" panel. Apparently it tests everything from soup to nuts to see if there is some thing wrong with my clotting or genetics or whatever. Then I have to wait until AF shows up again in another month and do a Clomid challenge test--I get blood drawn on CD3, take clomid CD5-9 and then have blood drawn again on CD10. Apparently this is to see what my FSH rates are. Apparently if your FSH rates are high on either day 3 or 10 there is a low pregnancy chance---NOT GOOD so I'm praying that is not the case. Then finally I have to have the dye test--I know there is another name for it--where they inject dye into my uterus to make sure there isn't any malformation that is causing the m/c. So I'm out of the TTC club for at least a month maybe a month and a half cause he doesn't want us to try until we get the test results.

I'm satisfied with that. At least he is running tests and not just saying here take this and see what happens.

</span>
September 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I think that's great he's being thorough and running all those tests! I'll be praying for your good test results & clean HSG!!! It's a lot to go through, but definitely worth it if it gives you a baby!

Again, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

September 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks. I was pretty relieved when he said he was going to do all those tests. I mean no one wants to have to go through all of that but at the same time I want to know that we are clearing the field so to speak for potential problems with my conceiving and carrying a baby to full term.

In a weird way he made me feel better about the m/c I just had. He said that my HCG levels were very low in the beginning compared to my first pregnancy so this last bean was just not meant to be. Doesn't make it hurt any less but at least I know that there was nothing that I could do to prevent it. Now we just have to see what these tests say. I think we could use a break from TTC for a little while anyway.

</span>
September 26th, 2007, 03:01 PM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like a very good, thorough doctor, which is awesome!! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I know how much it hurts, but it sounds like you are on yoru way. I know I always feel better having a plan.
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

September 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you have a great RE that is getting on top of things quickly, not like the last. It is about time you get everything tested! WOOT for plans!

September 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
that sounds like an awesome plan!!!!! I hope you get results quickly and the HSG cleans you out and prepares you for a baby!!!!
September 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Jen, I had to go through all the same tests for recurrent miscarriages, and you will be so glad you did. I had tons of blood work, my FSH levels tested, a sonohysterogram and an HSG. I have to say the HSG was the worst of them all, but tolerable. I got pg right after it!!! So hopefully the same will happen with you!!
I hope all the tests will give you the answers you so well deserve. I was told all was well, but that I have had horrible luck with ovulating bad quality eggs. I wish you all the best hun!!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
September 27th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Thank you ladies so much for the support. And truly I am very glad that he is doing all these tests and that we have a plan. It has made me feel a lot better about everything. I'm a little afraid of the FSH test but I don't have to worry about it for another month so I'm just going to put it out of my mind. DH was glad that we are going to be able to rule some things out and he's really glad that this doctor is so proactive and doing all these tests. I just want to say that we've cut out some of the guess work.

</span>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search