OMG great news!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Super Mommy
well, if anyone remembers two weeks ago we got terrible news from DH's SA. apparently the count was REALLY low, 8 mill, and the motility was poor. he had another done a week later, same results.

today was our first appt with our RE. during our consultation, he laid out the plan for us to conceive. he told us that he wanted to do another SA because he has had a LOT of bad SAs come out of that office. but even if it was 8 mill, that didn't mean we couldn't conceive.

so anyway, to make a long story short, they did DH's SA right there...the lab there is much better than where we went the first time!

he comes back in and says DH's count is 231 million, 75% motility, and 51% morphology!!! his SA is great, the dr said!

we're so excited! he put me on 100 mgs clomid along with 1000 mgs of glumetza. he wants to try this for three months to establish ovulation and/or PG, and then move onto IUI (if needed).

we feel so much better today.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ9lUYK/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 26th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOOHOO!! GO SWIMMIES!!!!!
September 26th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! That is fantastic news! Congrats!

September 26th, 2007, 06:05 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hooray! Great news! But it makes me angry the first lab scared you like that!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

September 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's wonderful news!!!

September 26th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Hooray! Great news! But it makes me angry the first lab scared you like that! [/b]
oh me too...when the doc came in and told us i just broke down and cried. i was so relieved...here i'd been on the verge of a major depression for two weeks. DH said he felt 'vindicated' lol.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ9lUYK/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 27th, 2007, 08:10 AM
MrsRodgers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MrsRodgers
That is fantastic news. I wish you didn't have to go through that roller coaster but how great is it now that you know DH's lil swimmers are just fine?!! Good Luck!

</span>
September 28th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Angel_Maker
Congrats on the plan of action.....

The Clomid worked for me the first time, and I'm hoping it will work again the second time......AND OF COURSE I'm praying it works for you......

Good Luck!
September 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! That's a huge difference, that lab should be reported! That's awesome for you though! Good luck!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

September 28th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
WOW! That's a huge difference, that lab should be reported! That's awesome for you though! Good luck![/b]
that is a huge difference. DH and I just assumed he had bad sperm, and when we were talking with the RE he said right away he wanted to do another SA. so we came into the appt with no expectations. i should have known something when the first dr's office told me that it didn't matter that his sample would be over an hour old when it got to the office...not to mention there was no 'lab' there. i shouldn't have been shocked when our RE told us that he's had a lot of bad samples come out of that office. i would have saved DH and I a lot of heartache if we had just skipped that dr and gone right to the RE!

Quote:
Congrats on the plan of action.....

The Clomid worked for me the first time, and I'm hoping it will work again the second time......AND OF COURSE I'm praying it works for you......

Good Luck![/b]
thank you so much...i'm praying it works for you again also!

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search