We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
So I found out a few days ago that I didn't ovulate on this round of clomid. Today the nurse called me, and told me that I'm going to bring my dosage up to 100mg of Clomid, and if it still doesn't work, then I'm being referred to a fertility clinic. Maybe I'm stupid to be so upset about it, but I was devastated when she told me that. So if Clomid doesn't work, then what? I don't menstruate without taking progesterone, and apparently I'm also not ovulating. DH and I have been trying for 6 months before starting the clomid, so it hasn't been that long compared to some of you on the MB, but I'm just upset. So I have to take 10 days of progesterone starting Thursday, then it takes like 5 days after that to even get a visit from AF, and then I have to wait another 2 weeks to BD!!! It's just so far away! That's like mid to late October!!! Then I won't even know if it worked till early Novemeber!!! I'm just so frustrated, and I feel like none of my friends understand, and poor DH doesn't know what to say. Well sorry for venting, I'm just so upset!!!
Aww... I'm really sorry hun! That is a frustrating feeling to have to wait, I know it well! I don't know too much about not ovulating on Clomid, but 100mg is not a big dose, so sounds like they started you off on the smallest dose (50?) and are working up to find the dose that will maximize egg production. Sometimes these things can take a little time.
The good news is that the fertility clinic will run more tests and will know more about what meds you need. So it won't be a bad thing to go there! (I'm assuming you're going to your OB now?)
Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10
12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue
6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!
Waiting is the worst. It doesn't matter if it is in the 2ww or waiting 2 O or what ever...waiting period sucks! I am so sorry but the good news is going to an RE is going to help figure out WHY you aren't Oing or having AF visit on her own. Don't give up!
I know how you feel. I O'd the first round of clomid, but O'd late, so missed out on that month. Last month, I didn't O and so I took provera for 12 days to get AF. AF arrived today, and I got bumped up to 100mg this month, but have been waiting around to start this third round of clomid.
Luckily, I have been very busy with work, so that has kept my mind occupied--except everytime I would go to the bathroom and notice that I was spotting a little bit from the provera...that would get my hopes up that AF would be coming soon. I am remaining optimistic in hopes that everything is falling into place this month as when it will be time to BD, I will have a much more mellow work schedule for awhile, and DH and I will be able to relax.
Good Luck and Hang in There!!!
TTC #1 since February 2007
Clomid #1: 50mg--no labs drawn
Clomid #2: 50 mg, Progesterone Level: 0.6
Clomid #3: 100mg--no labs drawn
Clomid #4: 100mg, Progesterone Level: 6.6
Clomid #5: 150mg, Progesterone Level: 10.8
Break from Clomid due to finding out DH S/A showed poor morphology (0-4%).
Repeat S/A on 2/7 and Urologist appointment on 2/21: Results showed abnormally high sperm count, so when that is taken into consideration, the morphology is normal.
First RE appointment: 3/17