Tell it to me like it is

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Veteran
Today, I went to my GP to get my CD3 test reults. He was kind enough to take them, so I fifure let me get a copy.

Here they are:

FSH 6.5
LH 4.8
Progesterone 0.38 ( even I think this is bad and I have NO CLUE.. almost non-existent here)
Prolactin: 7.0
Estradiol 45.09
TSH 3.63

Anyone had results like these? What did your RE suggest or say? Mine said that I was a candidate for Clomid and so I took it this cycle.

Soon, I will set up an appointment to go over these, but for now, I was just wondering if anyone had similar results.

Thanks,
Maria
September 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maria ~ I wish I could help you but since my RE told me everything was normal, I never bothered to really look into them. I'm no help!

September 27th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could help, but I was told everything was fine too, so I never got the ##'s! What did the dr say?
September 27th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Your TSH seems possibly high, but I'm really not sure. Do you have the lab values?
Kim, Mommy to Briley (3) & TTC #2!
Stalk Me
My Blog
Aug 07
Ultrasound ("a little PCOS")
Sept 07
S/A (great count, good motility, poor morphology)
CD3 + CD23 blood work (good)
Oct 07
IUI #1 w/ 50 mg Clomid + Trigger - BFN

September 27th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Veteran
Doc said everything was fine and I could start on the Clomid. Since I did not have the #'s I could not ask questions.
I have googled the hormones and found out that there are women that have much higher numbers than I do and are about 7-10 years younger than me.

In that sense, I have a feeling that this "older" chick has a spring in her eggs still. My m/c 3 months ago was a very positive sign to my RE. (Glad someone thought it was a positive thing... sometimes I think it was too, but I digress). He took it as a possible quality issue vs. a quantity issue. The fact that I got pg on the first try at 40 and 11 1/2 months of age was a good place to start from for him.

He gave me six months to TTC naturally, but after thinking it through with my GP and my DH we all decided that the Clomid would work better now than later. RE thought the same thing.

Let's face it, it is not as if I were 23 with many years to wait. I want to make the best of what I have when I actually have it.
No matter how young I look or how young I act the fact is my ovaries are 41+ years old. Fertility declines while we age. It is what it is.

It has been 8 years since I have been pregnant. I may need a jump start. The progesterone level bothers me a bit. My OB thought that was why I m/c'd. I may be wrong, but I am under the impression that Clomid boosts your progesterone level.

TSH values were 0.27 - 4.2 uIU/ml

I was on the high end but still within normal range at 3.63. Must google TSH levels. Thanks!!
September 27th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Today, I went to my GP to get my CD3 test reults. He was kind enough to take them, so I fifure let me get a copy.

Here they are:

FSH 6.5
LH 4.8
Progesterone 0.38 ( even I think this is bad and I have NO CLUE.. almost non-existent here)
Prolactin: 7.0
Estradiol 45.09
TSH 3.63

Anyone had results like these? What did your RE suggest or say? Mine said that I was a candidate for Clomid and so I took it this cycle.

Soon, I will set up an appointment to go over these, but for now, I was just wondering if anyone had similar results.

Thanks,
Maria[/b]
Hi Maria..... the progesterone level would indicate you did not ovulate. And the TSH is definitely high. My RE said it needs to be less than 2.5 for optimum fertility. See if they can put you on synthroid or something. Good luck.

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN

September 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Veteran
If you're 40 (maybe I read that wrong?), your FSH level seems fantastic. Mine was 7.6 on CD23 and I'm 23.
Stalk Me
My Blog
Aug 07
Sept 07
Oct 07

September 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Veteran
Yes, I am 41 and 3 months old. (My RE made a big deal about just turned 41 and 41 and 11 months :lol). I feel very blessed my FSH is 6.5. That is a very good sign. My mom says that every female in our family starts feeling menopausal at 55.

My aunt on my mother's side had her last child at 42 and that was about 25 years ago. My grandmother on father's side had her oldest when she was in her very late 30's. I want to say 38 or so.

Got to find out about the TSH though. The progesterone is good for CD3, it will surge after ovulation.

September 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Veteran
Scratch my previous post, I was thinking backwards.
Stalk Me
My Blog
Aug 07
Sept 07
Oct 07

September 27th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
Here is a great website to check some of those numbers!
(and they look fantastic for a 41 year old!)

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#hcg

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
September 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM
MelissaGL's Avatar Member
I have taken clomid a total of 4 cycles. Your progesterone was low I think but I have only had it tested on cd 21 before. My Ob told me it needed to be over 5 in order to have ovulated. Hope this helps! Clomid is a good drug that is supposed to make ovulate and I think increase the quality of the follicles. I think thats right at least. Hope this info helps and good luck with the clomid.

img]http://bd.lilypie.com/gFK7m6/.png[/img][/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search