Suggestions on how to Stay CALM this Cycle!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2007, 07:41 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My last ivf cycle i got my hopes WAYYY up that i would get pregnant and that my fertilized embryo's would make it. However I did not get preg and all my embryo's either arrested or were poor quality by day 6.

*for those that do not know my cycles are a little different than normal ivf. I go through a surgery to retrieve the eggs then put 4 eggs mixed with sperm into my fallopian tubes within minutes of retrieving them. The left over eggs are then fertilized for a later pregnancy. So needless to say we were really counting on the left over embryo's to make it so I wouldnt have to go through another surgery.

When I got the call on day 6 that my embies didnt make it I was horrified and spent the next 3 days sobbing and being miserable. I had myself convinced that since they didnt make it in the lab there was no way they could make it inside of me. I think its very possible that I didnt get preg because of my emotional state during that 2ww. I was recovering from the surgery and I was very sad and depressed. I didnt just cry I was sobbing so hard that I would make myself sick. At the time I couldnt make myself calm down and I think this is what ultimately ruined our chances of pregnancy with the 4 eggs transferred.

So now with my 2nd cycle I think im more prepared for letdowns and I hope I wont take it quite so hard if my embryo's do not make it again. I plan on staying CALM, RELAXED AND OPTIMISTIC with this cycle alll the way through the 2ww.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me on what you did during your 2ww to stay calm and relaxed. I was thinking maybe having my best friend go with me to a day spa and getting the royal treatment, maybe trying acupuncture again, ...I just want to have some activities planned for the 2ww that will keep my mood light and relaxed. This might very well be our last cycle and I want to do everything I can to help achieve a pregnancy.

If you guys have any suggestions I'd LOVE to hear them!! Thanks!

September 29th, 2007, 02:20 AM
mamamerle's Avatar Super Mommy
I did acupuncture for several months and LOVED it. I felt so calm and balanced. Even my co-workers noticed! I would recommend that. Also gentle yoga and meditation. Best of luck to you!
September 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try to keep yourself bust during the 2ww and accept that it may or may not happen, but that you have to take care of yourself. I know it is hard, but I am trying to keep myself busy during this 2ww but now I can't sleep.

Just try your best and accept that you cannot control this outcome at this point except to make a nice home for some beans.
September 29th, 2007, 09:13 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
i agree with Melissa... I find it soooo much easier to have it completley off my mind by keeping really busy. Plan a party with some girl friends, (who aren't pg lol) or, start a project at home, or go on a bunch of dates with dh
Anyways, thats what I do and latley it's been helping!!
September 29th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Try checking out a few movies you have been wanting to see b/c it will pass the time. Also, try starting a new project. I told DH that I wanted to learn how to knit so that if I end up on bedrest, I can definitely keep my fingers & my mind busy!

September 30th, 2007, 06:53 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the spa and acupuncture are good ideas. You may also want to take a yoga class. I find yoga extremely calming. I'm really sorry about your ordeal, that is so frustrating. I hope you have a better outcome this cycle.
September 30th, 2007, 07:44 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Ladies! Those are all really good ideas! Im also not going to tell many people about this cycle..it was hard explaining to a bunch of people why the cycle didnt work last time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search