?s

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2007, 06:24 PM
JustBreathe
As we plan to begin TTC, Mike and I often come to the same question: We know we will have to use medical intervention to concieve, 100%

So, do you ladies think that their is a certain time period for "newlywed" time, or is using youth to an advantage an idea? We both really want to be parents, and we go back and forth. Our real worry is that every cycle we miss, could have been "THE CYCLE". We already have money (from an inheritance) set aside for IVF, we just wonder when we should try. Sometimes we say right after graduation... agh, we're still deciding!

Any thoughts? Thanks!

~Michelle

Additionally, on this board, I have Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism and have had problems with O cysts-- NOT PCOS, so the infertility problem is not just Mike!
September 29th, 2007, 06:52 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Becoming parents is for when you feel you are ready. I don't think there's a time limit to when it's too early after getting married/engaged to start a family. If you and your husband feel it's time for you both to be parents, then go for it.

From the sound of things, it's not just because of the medical condition you have that might hinder your chances, but you also seem to be unsure of how other people might think of you..being so new at being married/engaged and wanting children early on in the marriage. It really isn't up to other people to decide when you are ready. When you both feel the time is right, then it's right!

As for as your medical condition, I can certainly understand your worries. I have multiple sclerosis. My occasional worry is that at any time, it will strike again and become aggressive. Currently it's benign, but there's no time limit to when it can change to aggressive making it difficult to raise a child. I worry that if I don't have a child soon, I'll either never be able to adopt a newborn or have one of my own because of my condition, or I will not be able to be an active mom when my child will need me to be there for him/her the most. So I too feel a little concerned about whether it's good to wait or do things now. I chose now. I'm 34 now, so I do feel that my time is limited, somewhat. I don't want to be a new mom just as I reach 40 years old. I always wanted to be a young mom...or at least active.

So with that in mind, it is up to you when you feel you need to start trying. I'd say, don't do it just because you are afraid you won't get the chance later. Do this because you know it's what you want and you'd like to have as much time as you need without feeling rushed or limited because of you trying to reach your goals by a specific time.

Congratulations to you and Micheal, by the way. From what your blinkies show, it seems you two are engaged!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 30th, 2007, 09:56 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
good advice Eliza!
It's completley up to the two of you!!! If you're ready, then go for it!!! I was married at 19 and started ttc at 21, i didn't care that a lot of people that i was "throwing my life away" I knew i and my dh were ready for a baby. I still get strange glances when people find out im ttc and only 22- but screw them! lol I'm even MORE than ready now! And i cannot wait for the day the Lord blesses us!!
September 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
JustBreathe
Quote:
good advice Eliza!
It's completley up to the two of you!!! If you're ready, then go for it!!! I was married at 19 and started ttc at 21, i didn't care that a lot of people that i was "throwing my life away" I knew i and my dh were ready for a baby. I still get strange glances when people find out im ttc and only 22- but screw them! lol I'm even MORE than ready now! And i cannot wait for the day the Lord blesses us!![/b]
Melissa you and your dh are SO cute together! Mike and I have been engaged since 19, and a LOT of people had A LOT to say, but we didn't care. What's funny is, a lot of the people with a lot to say discount that they were mothers themselves in their early 20s and if not them, their mothers or sisters were. It's seems like promiscuity and broken hearts are nearly EXPECTED of girls our age! God bless you and your DH!!!!

~Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search