Ok....What happened here?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20841486/

this is an interesting article. Though I suppose I can understand if she had only agreed to one egg transfer, I can understand her frustration in this situation, but do you think she has a right to sue for what she did? I'm just curious what you think.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 30th, 2007, 07:52 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that is just AWFUL! What are her children going to think when they grow up and read that! Especially that they considered just giving one away! I wonder how the woman would of felt if her one embryo had split into identical twins...
I can understand her being upset that they put more than one embryo in, but I think she is going to the extreme. Honestly this woman just makes me sick to my stomach.

September 30th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
That is so sad. I cannot believe someone would think in such a fashion. Makes me question why god would bless her with any children. In addition to which, I know personally how pricey Australia is, I have family there but I also know that some things are paid for by the government such as college. Someone just needs to slap some sense into that woman!

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN

September 30th, 2007, 09:43 AM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
freaking ridiculous, there is NO excuse for this woman's behavior, it's sick and disgusting. It depresses me to see such "sue-happy"people, what is WRONG with our society???!!!!! Sorry, lol, that article just REALLY disturbed me!
September 30th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! That IS soooo sad!

September 30th, 2007, 01:04 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Like what Christin pointed out earlier, What if she did actually get one embryo transfer and it split. Would she sue then? It wouldn't surprise me if she found a way to blame someone for that.

I too was shocked when I read this. And like I said before, I understand her issue with having two embryos transfered when she wanted only one, but it's not like buying a product at a store and then accidentally coming home with two of the same products. These are lives that were made. IVF is no easy process and she takes it for granted. It's not all that common to even walk home with two babies when 2 embryos were transfered. She obviously had a hard time just making one naturally. I'd say, "Count your blessings, Woman! There are a lot of women out there who'd love to have the luck you were just given!"

This woman sounds like she doesn't like to lose control of her environment and her decisions.

I see it this way. If I transfer 2 embryos this cycle I might get twins from it. I really don't want triplets, but if one of those embryos were to divide, I'd call it a blessing and love each of those 3 children equally. I'd never even consider giving one away just because I preferred a lower number of children at a time.

I feel really sorry for that woman's kids.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
September 30th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm...there is always a risk w/ IVF. I wonder if she would have sued her RE if she didn't end up pg at all? Stupid, stupid woman!

September 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Regular
This women is selfish and a prime example of someone that should never of had children
im from australia and have a number of friends either doing or done ivf the ones that are still in the process are worried about not being aloud to implant more then one baby if this women wins.
maybe we should take both her beautiful daughters and give them to someone that would truly love them both equally,look at the money they could save then

THEY MAKE ME SO SICK
September 30th, 2007, 03:40 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ridiculous. She is so incredibly blessed to have two babies. And their combined income is more than sufficient to afford the two babies. I hope she loses the case.
October 1st, 2007, 06:10 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow, you hear of alot of dumb lawsuits, but this one is something else! I can understand her being upset that more than 1 embryo was transferred, but yeah, what if that one had split into two (or more)??? She should just be thankful that she GOT to have children when so many cannot!!! Ummmm yeah . . . she's going to be a great mother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search