AF on clomid...help!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
ok, here's the deal (besides i'm totally confused and need advice, lol).

oh, this may be TMI so i'm sorry in advance.

a week ago this past sunday, i started having what i've assumed was spotting for AF. when i wiped, i'd have a very pink tinged mucus. this continued for two days, then stopped on tuesday. well, wednesday morning it started again. i thought i was about to start AF. i had my yearly pelvic that day, along with my first appt with my RE. i explained to my RE that i thought i was about to start AF, as i had been not really spotting, but a pink tinged mucus when i wiped. she said if i hadn't started AF by wednesday (tomorrow), they'd give me something to make me start. that evening and next morning the discharge was heavier, and was accompanied by a few clots that weren't red. thursday it tapered off, and friday it was about the same. DH and i had intercourse saturday morning, and the spotting was back. that afternoon, i actually bled somewhat (a matter of drops, really). sunday it once again tapered off. monday i had no spotting at all, but i had pretty bad cramps. last night i soaked in a tub with hot water, to see if that helped. afterwards, it seemed like i was about to start bleeding fully. it didn't happen.

i fully expected to wake up this morning with AF in full effect....she wasn't. later this morning, i started to spot more heavily and when i wiped it was very bloody. i though, this is it! but, no...it once again tapered off. my RE's nurse said not to worry, this was normal, and that if i wanted something to get me to start i could have it. this isn't normal for me, though, i've never done this...ever. if i've ever spotted, it was only the day before i started to bleed heavily. and even then it wasn't much spotting at all.

could this be from the clomid? this past cycle was my first on clomid. i don't think i o'ed...if i did, it was pretty weak. that's what both the doc and i believe. i'm now on CD47. i've had negative PG tests, so i don't believe i'm PG. that was the first thing the nurse asked, as she said that bleeding was pretty common in early PG.

has anyone had an AF like this on clomid? i think i'm going to call her back in the morning and ask for the med to get me started. if i was PG, wouldn't i get a BFP by now? i'd surely think so. could this actually have been my AF?? i really don't know what a 'normal' AF is like, mine are always so incredibly heavy. i've wondered if this is a side effect of the clomid, as i have read that clomid thins the lining of your uterus so maybe there isn't much lining to shed in the first place.

i am so confused, i don't know what to do. i REALLY want to get into my cycle so i can continue TTC with this second, higher round of clomid. if anyone has ANY advice, i'd really appreciate it right about now. thanks ladies!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ9lUYK/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely say that the Clomid wasn't strong enough for you & now your body is out of wack. I spotted some w/ Clomid so I wouldn't say it is abnormal. Hopefully you will get your full out visit soon & get that Clomid dosage upped to help you O.

October 2nd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
do you think i should get the med to make me start? the RE's office said it wasn't any big deal to do it, that the dr approved it.

ugh, can life get anymore confusing?

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ9lUYK/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
October 2nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
MelissaGL's Avatar Member
I have spotted for a few days on clomid. I fell like Af is coming about a week to a week and half before she shows. I have never taken anything to start AF though. Good luck on your next round.

img]http://bd.lilypie.com/gFK7m6/.png[/img][/url]

October 3rd, 2007, 03:11 PM
Super Mommy
updated...

i called my RE today to get the med to start my AF fully. They told me that it sounded like this might be a very weak AF, so to go ahead and start my clomid. if i haven't gotten a positive OPK or peak status on my monitor by the 15th of this month, then to call and they would bring me in for an u/s. hopefully i'll "o" by then, but if not, maybe they'll be able to give me a trigger!

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search