Update on my IVF

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going for the big guns...no GIFT just straight IVF this time!!! We have discussed it to no end and finally decided to bite the bullet and take the plunge

I bought a package from ARC that doesnt include the u/s or bloodwork since my ins will cover that. The package covers all the retrieval and transfer fees, AH,ICSI, Blast culture and if I dont get preg from the fresh it will also cover a FET cycle. (if i have any frozens)

We called our RE and let him know and he is happy that we changed our minds. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

October 5th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!! I'm so freakin' excited for you! It is about time!

October 5th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I've been in such a great mood since we decided to go for the full IVF. I keep thinking this HAS TO BE MY MONTH!!!! I want to be able to sit down for Thanksgiving and go "Oh by the way...we have a bun in the oven!"

October 5th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOOHOO!! Pull out the big guns and GO FOR IT!!!!!

I will be cheering for you all the way! Maybe you will have three like Astrid!!!!
October 5th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh my gosh..thats my dh's biggest fear TRIPLETS! he keeps saying "we are only putting 2 back...only 2.." LOL and then i scare him and say "but what happens when our 2 divides into 4 sweetie" LOL

October 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

October 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Yay! That is great news! I'm really excited for you, and hoping for twins only, lol!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

October 5th, 2007, 07:52 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
WOO HOO!!!! YAY!!!!! i know how you feel about wanting to make a very special thanksgiving anouncement!!!!! Goodluck sweetie! I can't wait to hear about your BFP!!!
October 6th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Super Mommy
That's great! I tested today- 12 DPIUI- BFN. If it's negative again on Monday, we're calling RE to start IVF. Can anyone tell me exactly how the timeline works? Or send me a link to information? I know it's a 2 month process. TIA.

October 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOOHOO!!!! Hey, we'll be doing it at the same time!!! Let's hope for a lot of late Nov/early Dec IVF BFP's!!!!!
So far mine's pushed out a day, no AF yet and the only sign of her is that i was cranky yesterday afternoon. No cramps, no spotting, nothing.

Stephanie, here's link regarding the timeline from the place we're going for IVF. Hope this helps!
http://www.ivf-indiana.com/education...ient-info.html
October 6th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great! Good luck!!

October 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the link! It was very helpful. Is your insurance paying for it? If not, do you mind me asking how much yours is costing? Are you paying for just one or are you doing muliple IVFs with the shared risk program?

October 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Greenchild-Its great we will be starting around the same time! I think Timberwolf and Lisab are close to my retrieval date too!

Stephanievt97-not sure if this is for greenchild or not but I thought i would answer to. We bought a package from ARC called the One Cycle plus without Monitoring package for $8161. It includes ICSI, Assisted hatching, blast culture and everything involving the retrieval and transfer plus freezing and storing of extra embryos for One year and then a FET cycle within that year. They offer a shared risk program where you buy 3 cycles that include 3 FET's for about $37,000, if it doesnt work you will owe about $11,000. If you get pregnant after the first cycle you still owe the 37,000..so its quite a gamble.

October 6th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, triplets ain't too bad although they definitely give mommy a run for her money!

October 6th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Honestly I think I would love to have triplets but I dont think I could physically carry them. I'm short only 5'4, and very short waisted, I just dont know where 3 babies could fit in my body BUT if it does happen I'll just have to take it easy and probably expect a lot of bed rest..it would all be worth it though in the end.
I'm just hoping and praying I can get one little miracle

October 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I totally understand! I am very happy to be pg but worried at the same time. I mean, medicine has come a long way but it is up to my body to keep these babies in the oven as long as possible. I would have been happy w/ 1 but hey, I've been an overachiever all my life.

October 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for the link! It was very helpful. Is your insurance paying for it? If not, do you mind me asking how much yours is costing? Are you paying for just one or are you doing muliple IVFs with the shared risk program?[/b]

Quote:
Greenchild-Its great we will be starting around the same time! I think Timberwolf and Lisab are close to my retrieval date too!

Stephanievt97-not sure if this is for greenchild or not but I thought i would answer to. We bought a package from ARC called the One Cycle plus without Monitoring package for $8161. It includes ICSI, Assisted hatching, blast culture and everything involving the retrieval and transfer plus freezing and storing of extra embryos for One year and then a FET cycle within that year. They offer a shared risk program where you buy 3 cycles that include 3 FET's for about $37,000, if it doesnt work you will owe about $11,000. If you get pregnant after the first cycle you still owe the 37,000..so its quite a gamble.[/b]
We're going for the one-shot deal bc that's all we can afford right now with the house remodel (we started this huge project when we thought we still had a chance of natural conception) and I'm already 31, so we'll need the 4 more years before the success rates go down to be able to afford another fresh try if this and any FET's don't work.
Family Beginnings is $3500 for the surgeon fee, facility fee for retrieval and transfer, sperm prep, embryo culture and transfer and extra $$ for medicines, blood work and ultrasounds, and ICSI, assisted hatching and embryo cryopreservation if we need any of those procedures, which has yet to be determined. Any resulting FET's are not part of the cost either. Since we're traveling to have this done, the bloodwork and u/s will be done here and that may be covered with our insurance, but I went ahead and purchased a PPO discount program to help with that if our regular insurance doesn't cover that part and the med costs, which I know our insurance won't cover. Our insurance doesn't cover anything beyond the diagnosis of infertility so I'm not sure if the bloodwork and u/s count towards "fertility treatments" or if they will be covered under "diagnostic procedures". After all, there's been no mention of "infertily" on my medical records - I'm still plenty fertile, I just need help getting the egg from point A to point B . So I don't know what they will cover, if anything. Over all we're saving at least $4300 over anything closer to home, even with travel expenses.

Quote:
Honestly I think I would love to have triplets but I dont think I could physically carry them. I'm short only 5'4, and very short waisted, I just dont know where 3 babies could fit in my body BUT if it does happen I'll just have to take it easy and probably expect a lot of bed rest..it would all be worth it though in the end.
I'm just hoping and praying I can get one little miracle [/b]

Me too but I'm only 5'2" and baby or babies have nowhere to go but out! I'll be as big as a house! Or maybe bigger! I already told them no more than 2 for the transfer, but if those 2 split into more, well I'll take 'em!!!
October 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I was watching Special Deliveries once on Discovery and there was a woman in her late 30's who naturally got pregnant with quads!! She carried the babies past 32 weeks, and they were all around 4-6lb babies! Granted the woman was huge..dont know how she was even walking but she carried it off well. Your right, there is so much they can do today with modern medicine its amazing.

Greenchild-I hear ya on the one shot deal! We will have to wait probably 3 years after this before we even try again, due to finances.

October 7th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks Christin and Greenchild! If I still get the BFN tomorrow, we're calling RE to firgure out which way we want to go. The shared risk way is $20,000, but I'm not sure exactly how many fresh and how many frozen that covers and what procedures that covers. I'm assuming it covers no medications. We need to find that out and find out how much one cycle is.

Where are you all getting your medications from?

October 7th, 2007, 09:35 AM
I get my meds from Freedom Pharmacy but my insurance covers them because I WAS doing GIFT..so its only costing us about $160. Alot of people use IVFMEDS.com they are based in Europe and are alot cheaper than the states.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search