Starting second round of Clomid in a couple of days

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Veteran
By now you may have guessed Round 1 of Clomid did not produce the desired result. I did o, and bd but the spermie did not meet the eggie. (Next time I should go and introduce them to each other and push all of them together )

AF showed on the 7th. Now I am officially a 30 day girl. That has been her favorite day of the month for the past three months and we do the math with the last three months.

AF is different this month. I started yesterday and feel as if I will finish by tomorrow. It will be the SHORTEST AF of my life if that happens. I will take a HPT before I start the Clomid just to make sure it was an AF.

RE raised my dose to 100mg a day for five days. Went to the pharmacy to pick up my Rx and the pharmacist shorted me two pills. So there he is telling me that my RE ordered 8 and I am telling him, no way he ordered 10. How do you know?
DUH......2 pills a day for days 5 - 9 = 10 pills!!!!! That conversation took 20 minutes. He then gave me the 2 extra pills.

I also need to take CD21 bw. Doc wants to make sure I O. (I, o, I ooooo, sounds like a song )

I don't want to take the Clomid, but I will. I am not looking forward to the hot flashes or the blurred vision portions of my day.

So girls, what do you think?? I am optimistic. Ironically, I think I am saving for IVF cause I have a jar which I keep adding $$ to and I always say when I add money... "For the babies".

On to another cycle....... baby dust me please..... thanks!!

October 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Veteran
Just wanted to wish you Good luck and lots of BABY DUST!!!!!
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Me 24
DH 30
July 2006 - BFP ended in m/c October 2006
April - July 2007 No medical assistance = BFN
August 2007 - First cycle on clomid 50mg then 100mg = BFN
October 2007 - Second cycle on clomid 100mg
November 2007 - Third cycle on clomd 100mg
December 2007 - Fourth cycle on Clomid 100mg
January = BFP

October 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Super Mommy
hey! good luck!
i will be starting round 2 of clomid soon too. but i had a question for you.if you say that you O'd why is your dr increasing your dosage? is your dr just aggressive? i wonder if mine will increase my dosage....
October 9th, 2007, 04:22 AM
Veteran
I didn't get to ask that question. I am thinking that because I did not take a CD21 progesterone bw, he wants to make sure I o this time. (He went on my word that I o'd). O'ing is not my problem, I think that the Progesterone part is the problem with me, I am not sure.

I really didn't think much of it because from reading messagebaords I figured out that raising the dosage is common.

Thanks for your reply.
October 9th, 2007, 06:34 AM
sillygirl5's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to sillygirl5
Pharmacies are such pains anymore! Good luck!

October 9th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Belalith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Progesterone is my problem, and my doctor did the exact same thing as yours. My CD21 progesterone was 15.5 on the higher dosage, where it was 3.3 on the 50mg. GOOD LUCK!

October 9th, 2007, 04:05 PM
ilmsg's Avatar Veteran
The same thing is happening with me. Last month I was on 50 mg with IUI and I only produced one ginormous follicle. I did O, I have always o'ed but the clomid was for progesterone and a short luteal phase and to hopefully produce 2 or so follies to give the iui an extra shot. So I'm up to 100mg next cycle... also along with IUI..

Heres hoping it works for us both.
TTC #1 since October 2006

Three Clomid/IUI cycles... all BFN
IVF #1: Transferred 2, BFN
IVF #2 (FET): Cancelled due to thin lining, converted to EFT cycle

*Abnormal EFT/biopsy...surgical hysteroscopy done to remove scarring and polyps*
Mock IVF cycle and repeat EFT is NORMAL!

FET transfer 10/27, BFP!!

#1 Beta: 11/5 - 44
#2 Beta: 11/7 - 145
#3 Beta: 11/14 - 4835
1st U/S: 12/2 - no h/b, waiting to m/c

October 9th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Super Mommy
that makes sense. i didnt know any of this!
thanks and good luck!
October 10th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Veteran
No problem. I stick around these ladies to learn more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search