Hi I am a lurker but not new...got a question or 2

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi I have posted here once or twice about possibly having PCOS and it was confirmed that I do on Friday. My doctor didn't waste anytime with getting me on a regimen of Metiform 2000mgs and Clomid 50mgs. I haven't had a true cycle in almost 3 years so I am also on Provera right now to induce my cycle. Taking 20mgs a day for 5 days.

So a few of my questions are
What difference if any does it make when a doctor tells you to take it CD 5-9 or CD 3-7?

How soon can you expect to ovulate after taking it, granted that you do actually ovulate? Is it different for each person?

What about the chances of multiples? Are there any statistics anywhere in regards to that information? Can you recall any members who have conceived multiples while taking Clomid.

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

October 8th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Veteran
Let's see, first off, welcome! I haven't posted much, but have been a lurker too over the last couple of years. Second, I see that you are from Memphis! I grew up in Memphis and now live in Southaven. I think we are the only ones on here from here!

Now, on to your questions. I think that it is just up to your doctor on taking the Clomid days 5-9 or 3-7. I tried it both ways. Unfortunately Clomid didn't work for me. I had to move on to injections. When I did take Clomid days 5-9 I would normally ovulate around day 17 or 18. With days 3-7 I would ovulate around day 14. It is different with everyone though. I would temp if I were you just to help you know.

There is a slim chance of multiples while taking Clomid. I have knows MANY people to take it and only have 1 baby. I do know of 1 girl that took it last year and just had quads. Twins run in her family so they said that she would have had twins no matter what.

I hope that helps some. Fortunately there is a great Fertility Clinic in Memphis. If you ever end up there, I would love to answer questions!

Rachel

Me - 31
DH - 29
DSS - 6</span>

October 8th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Let's see, first off, welcome! I haven't posted much, but have been a lurker too over the last couple of years. Second, I see that you are from Memphis! I grew up in Memphis and now live in Southaven. I think we are the only ones on here from here! Yes I am in Bartlett near Wolfchase. I used to live in Southaven too, near the college on Church Road. Your are the second "Memphian" today on this forum I have talked to!!

Now, on to your questions. I think that it is just up to your doctor on taking the Clomid days 5-9 or 3-7. I tried it both ways. Unfortunately Clomid didn't work for me. I had to move on to injections. Oh I hate to hear that for you but do I see correctly that you are preggers NOW!! Congrats too you When I did take Clomid days 5-9 I would normally ovulate around day 17 or 18. With days 3-7 I would ovulate around day 14. It is different with everyone though. I would temp if I were you just to help you know. Oh yes I will surely be charting! I expect to O late since I have done that with my previous children well at least the first, the second I was on the pill

There is a slim chance of multiples while taking Clomid. I have knows MANY people to take it and only have 1 baby. I do know of 1 girl that took it last year and just had quads. Twins run in her family so they said that she would have had twins no matter what. Ha, well twins run in my family too, I wouldn't be upset if I had twins God will never give me more than I can handle, but I just didn't know how great that chance was and curosity was getting to me LOL

I hope that helps some. Fortunately there is a great Fertility Clinic in Memphis. If you ever end up there, I would love to answer questions!Thanks so much for your help, I hope I don't have to go that far, but we will see.

BTW Your husband looks so familiar is he from around here? Thanks Amanda
Rachel
Jan 12 failed IVF
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)

October 8th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Veteran
My husband is from Clarksdale, MS. He has lived here since 2001.

I am pregnant now! I am 7 weeks today. I moved on from Clomid and did Gonal-f injections. They are known for a large number of multiples. I had 7 very mature follicles when we did our IUI and our dr was very nervous about letting me go through with it. I knew though like you, that God wouldn't give me more than I could handle. I knew that it would all be okay.

I have a great friend in Bartlett. I can't remember the name of her church. It was Raleigh Baptist Church, but then they built a new building and changed their name. She is the Mother's Day Director there.

Well, I hope that the Clomid works for you this first time around! Good luck!

Me - 31
DH - 29
DSS - 6</span>

October 8th, 2007, 06:35 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
wow, sounds like you already have some good answers!! Best of luck to you sweetie, let us know how it all goes!!!!
October 9th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually when a doctor prescribes Clomid for you, he/she is supposed to go over all of this with you, and set out your plan (days 3-7 or 5-9 etc). I'm really surprised they didn't. But yeah, what the other ladies are saying is correct

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

October 9th, 2007, 09:50 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Usually when a doctor prescribes Clomid for you, he/she is supposed to go over all of this with you, and set out your plan (days 3-7 or 5-9 etc). I'm really surprised they didn't. But yeah, what the other ladies are saying is correct [/b]
I think you should talk to your doctor. He/she really should answer all these questions before sending you home with a bunch of medications!!!!
October 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Usually when a doctor prescribes Clomid for you, he/she is supposed to go over all of this with you, and set out your plan (days 3-7 or 5-9 etc). I'm really surprised they didn't. But yeah, what the other ladies are saying is correct [/b]
I think you should talk to your doctor. He/she really should answer all these questions before sending you home with a bunch of medications!!!!
[/b]
Yeah, what instructions did they give you? I would be weary of taking medicine if not prescribed correctly (i.e.- giving directions on dosage etc). Give them a call and see what you should do, before you take anything.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

October 9th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Yeah, what instructions did they give you? I would be weary of taking medicine if not prescribed correctly (i.e.- giving directions on dosage etc). Give them a call and see what you should do, before you take anything.
[/b]
My doctor instructed me on how to take the medicines their side effects etc. He just didn't elaborate on why he choose days 5-9 instead of 3-7 for me.

He honestly isn't expecting a definite O with my first cycle so I didn't even think to ask when I could expect it. I wont even be going in for blood work at 7dpo this first round on Clomid.

I asked about multiples and he said it's rare that was all.

He also prescribed the Provera 20mg for 5 days, if I don't start a cycle within 14 days to come back to him.

If I do start, take the Clomid CD 5-9 (which I have *heard* 3-7 produces more eggs as where 5-9 produces better eggs) if I go 35 days from CD 1 without another period either he wants to hear that I did get pregnant or come back in immediately.

Thank you all for your help!! I am just ready to get the show on the road.
Jan 12 failed IVF
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search