I'm new here

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran
Well, I guess I will start off by giving a little background. My husband and I have been ttc for awhile. However, I haven't had a period since July 12, so my dr. put me on progesterone to help me start my period. I was told that I should start in ten days of taking that pill or else something else may be wrong with me. Well, I took my first pill on sept. 27th, and just got my period today. It was 2 days since my last progesterone pill. Anyways, I'm just glad that I finally got a period so we could get back on track with ttc. My dr. has told me to take clomid on day 3 of my period, so here's my question. I'm not sure if today is counted as day 1 or late last night. I actually started barely spotting last night before bed, but didn't really start until today. So, should I just count my first day of regular flow as the first day of my period, which means that I will start my clomid on Wednesday?

Well, I'm excited to be here with you ladies, and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. I am also really excited about taking the clomid. I hope it works!

Oh yeah, one more question. I wanted to see about taking the robitussin to help increase cm while I'm on clomid. What kind do I use, how much, and when do I start taking that. Is this something that I should ask my dr. about too? Anyways, I hope you all have much luck ttc.

Megan- Mommy to Reagan 3 1/2 and Grady 1
I love my family so much, and although this next little blessing wasn't planned or expected, we are thanking God for giving us the opportunity to be parents again!
October 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Super Mommy
hey mstew! ive been looking for you ! glad to hear of your update and congrats on finally getting your af!

well i cant really give you an answer for your clomid question but just some advice. i would start taking it on wed like you said. i wouldnt count spotting as a period, but a light flow as a period.

i took clomid on cd5-9. ive heard of ppl taking clomid no later than cd5 so i think youll be ok to consider wed as your cd3.

as far as robitussin..here is a link with some good information:

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/robitussin.html

ive heard that you are supposed to take the robitussin with no letters (ex: DM, etc). just make sure the ONLY active ingredient is guaifenesin. ive looekd around at walmart and walgreens when i was in town last and couldnt find a robitussin with no letters. so the pharmacist showed me waltussin which is the generic version of robitussin and it had guaifenesin as its only active ingred and so thats what i bought. you are supposed to wait until you are done with taking clomd before taking robitussin (and take it for 6 days before you ovulate). 2 tsp three times a day to start.

ive also tried grapefruit juice which i heard increases CM. when i took clomid this first time, i had watery ewcm, so not everyone dries up from taking clomid (even tho i bought reinforcements just in case!). and evening primrose supposedly helps. also i would try to order preseed if youre interested. i ordered mine from here: http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/

preseed mimicks ewcm and helps sperm along the way and its worked for many ppl.

you can try asking your dr for all these things but all dr's are different. some are slow and will say just wait and see first. me being impatient, cant hear that!

are you charting your temperature?

good luck and hope this helps!! hope you get pregnant!!!

my update: i am on cd31 today, temping and everything. waiting for AF to come again. i THINK i O'd bc my temp went up. but i also think i missed my chance getting pregnant bc i was traveling without my husb when i ended up O'ing...but we'll see in a few days. if i dont get af i will test on wed.

good luck!!
October 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
CD1 is counted as the first day with bright red bleeding heavy enough to use a pad or tampon.
Also, an alternative (healthier too) to using Robitussin, is Green Tea Caplets. Green tea helps you with CM. Take 2 caplets 2 times a day...good luck!
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

October 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
sillygirl5's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to sillygirl5

Good luck!

October 10th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aboard! CD 1 is the first day of red flow so your brown spotting would not count as CD 1. You should take your 1st pill tomorrow. Make sure to take it at the same time every day. Also, I have heard Mucinex works wonders & since it is in pill form, you don't have to worry about that icky taste.

I hope your stay w/ us is short & sweet!

October 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Veteran
Thank you all for your advice. I think I am going to look into the robitussim or mucinex, and I will start drinking a little green tea everyday to see how that works just in case I dry out. It's better to be safe then sorry.

Mommawannabe: It was so good to hear from you. I'm happy that you o'd, but that sucks that you were away from DH. Have you tested today, or did you get af yet? I just counted my days, and found out that I will probably o when we are visiting family. Oh well, I guess we'll just do what we gotta do.

I am trying temping again. I think it will work much better now that I am up at the same time everyday unlike this summer. I will have to look for somewhere online to keep a record of it. That would probably be better than my notebook.

Megan- Mommy to Reagan 3 1/2 and Grady 1
I love my family so much, and although this next little blessing wasn't planned or expected, we are thanking God for giving us the opportunity to be parents again!
October 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Super Mommy

hey mstew! i havent tested yet. i plan on testing on saturday unless AF arrives. i dont have any preg symptoms. i think i O'd later than my dr predicted (according to temp chart). im just afraid of testing and ending up with another negative and having to induce another period. then something is DEF wrong with me. so we'll see.

as long as your DH is with you during your family visit! maybe itll be even more exciting bc youll have to be quiet/sneaking around! hehhe.
yes i would try temping, mostly it gives ME piece of mind and its how my dr here (in japan) determines whether i O or not.
try fertilityfriend.com. that is a good website that a lot of ppl on JM use. its free and pretty easy to use. click on my link at the end of this message for my chart and an example of what it looks like...
good luck and keep in touch!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search