NEED INFO TO HELP A FRIEND PLEASE

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 07:57 AM
** Mandy **
My friend and her husband are 30 years old. They have been TTC for about six months. She has been charting and DTD a lot and so far no luck. They went to talk with her OB/GYN last week and got blood drawn for testing. He checked her Thyroid and her Proestrin (sp?) but it came out okay. The next test comes either late this month or early next where they shoot dye up into her to see if it comes out her fallopian tubes. The doctor wants to make sure they are open. He said if that goes well then the next test is a camera inserted through her belly button to take a look around. I have never heard of this, is this really standard procedure?
Apparently he is not a doctor who can prescribe any drugs to help, he is just doing the testing to rule out everything before sending her to a different doctor. Is this standard as well or should she be looking for another doctor to consult with?
What did you go through before you started TTC with medical assistance? What is the normal testing, etc? What kind of medical assistance are you receiving and how did you go about getting it?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. She is really frustrated, upset, and scared about these future procedures and not knowing what to expect and what is normal.

October 10th, 2007, 08:11 AM
sillygirl5's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via ICQ to sillygirl5
That was the route my OB wanted to take. My RE started with meds, but when they didn't work right away like they had before, she did both the hysteroscopy and laparaoscopy at the same time. It wasn't bad at all. I told my OB, who wanted to spread these out over the course of several months and I needed to see someone who could devote more time to this.

October 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
it sounds like he is doing good for her. the dye thing is standard. HSG is what its called. as far as the belly button surgery.... its a lap. my RE does not usually recommend them but many many of the girls on here have had one done. usually if your regular ob/gyn will do some of those tests it will save you on the cost, so your friend's doc sounds on the ball. IMHO

i am in Ohio also, if she is looking for good RE's and is not too far from Cbus, i go to Ohio Reproductive Medicine. they are really good. cutting edge really, and they had the very first IVF baby in the entire state.

hope that helps.

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN

October 10th, 2007, 08:50 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad her dr is moving forward on these procedures! They are standard. I've had the HSG, 3 laparascopies, and 2 hysteroscopies although my HSG and the last lap & hyst were to determine what I had left of my tubes since the previous surgery photos looked weird.
They may also want to do a semen analysis on him.
October 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like she has a good doctor!! Very thourough!
Good Luck to her
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

October 10th, 2007, 10:37 AM
** Mandy **

Thanks everyone!!

Thanks Liz for the recommendation - she does live in Columbus so that is great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search