When to go see a RE?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Afternoon,

I am currently only seeing my OBGYN and that is who prescribed me Clomid.. I was wondering when it would be time to go see a RE?
Right now I am on Cycle 3 of 50mg Clomid and it makes me O.. and I am hoping this cycle is it for me.. but if it happen to not be would it be wise going to a RE ? Or should I just continue on Cloimd a few more cycle if need then go see a RE?

thanks!

October 12th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Normally, you go through a year of no results before getting referred but due to your circumstances, I wouldn't wait too much longer. I would definitely push to go in the next cycle or 2 if this one isn't your magical BFP cycle.

October 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you.. I will bring it up with my obgyn IF I don't get pregnant this cycle.
I am wondering if I have to even talk to my obgyn before as I saw on a fertility clinics site here in Vancouver that I don't need a referral...

October 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been in the fertility program since March 2006. I think it is a good idea to seek fertility treatment if you have had trouble conceiving on your own for a year atleast. They can do more extensive testings and ultrasounds. I believe I'll be getting my tubes checked for blockage fairly soon. Not looking forward to it because i hear it hurts, but i gotta do it.
October 14th, 2007, 01:08 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I was on clomid/tamoxifen for 7 cycles and was using just an obgyn. He also administered my HSG and laparoscopy. After i had gone through all of that and still had no BFP i was moving on to an RE. Just so happens it happened on it's own before i could move on!!
I gave myself a little bit of time too because i am only 22 and thought i could be a little more flexible. It's totally up to you though and how SOON you want to be pg.
Goodluck sweetie. More than anything i hope you don't have to worry about any of that and this is your miracle month!
October 15th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I researched some RE's last night, because it seems I can't really get anything done with my dr. But we've also been trying for over a year. Do what you think is right. If you feel you aren't getting the treatment you need, then it's time to move on. Good luck!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search