Log In Sign Up

WAH!!!!! I think I just cancelled my IVF cycle!


Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
October 13th, 2007, 08:39 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 15,839
I am so upset right now! I had given all the orders from my RE to our clinic, but they refused to do any testing on either DH or myself until they heard from the RE directly. They thought the orders were to start the day I started my cycle, and so did I. Well I just got the email from my RE and here he has been waiting for the results of the tests he ordered, which obviously were never done. Big miscommunication there!

Anyway, since AF was a week late, he now wants to go with the BCP protocol, which pushes everything out a month, which we aren't willing to do right now because it is a 9 hour drive one way and this puts is not only right in winter but right smack on top of Christmas with all the increased traffic and crazy drivers. The trip to and from the retrieval/transfer would have me gripping the edge of my seat the whole way and I can't imagine that being a healthy environment for an embryo, 18 hours of seriously elevated stress. And DH would be smoking like a chimney in a drive like that, which would also be bad for myself and the embryo.

There's no way we can afford to fly instead of drive, and especially not with holiday rates! I have to consider the traveling part. It would be stupid of us to spend all this money that we don't have, only to drive and get killed in a blizzard or ice storm. Or spend even more money we don't have to fly and then have the flights get all messed up and long delays with bad weather, and miss the retrieval entirely. And now we really can't afford things especially not with the deductibles we have to cough up to have our vehicles repaired and our stolen property replaced. That's about $1000 out of pocket right now and I have no idea where that money is going to come from.

The RE wants me to have my FSH done today instead of tomorrow, which I'm still going to do bc I want to know if my eggs are going to be a problem in the future, but I told him pushing everything out a month means we will have to wait until spring to get started so if anything comes up that delays this, then we still have several months of good driving conditions, or at least cheaper flight rates. I am so upset I am have been crying all morning!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
October 13th, 2007, 09:05 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 5,482
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Aww, I'm so sorry! I understand you wanting to have the least amount of stress during your IVF treatment. The treatment is stressful enough. I'm sorry you feel you must wait though. That's a tough decision. I'm sure you are feeling disappointed right now, but whatever the decision you make is probably the best one for you. Holiday traveling can be a HUGE pain, emotionally, financially, and physically. It probably is not the best time to go through something as sensitive as IVF.

__________________
Eliza - Wife to husband, Jason. Mother to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6-24-08)

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
October 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 15,839
Ok. Apparently I just got upset over nothing. WHEW! Talked to the RE again, he just meant starting BCP 10/17, stopping 11/6, and still having the retrieval/transfer as scheduled (which would now be 11/22 and 11/25). I can work with this . . . I know we're still taking a chance of having bad winter weather but it's less than it would be over Christmas. And Thanksgiving traffic usually isn't so bad as Christmas traffic is, so it's back on! I'd had a bad close call in whiteout conditions when I was younger so I'm like Claude the Cat in bad winter weather - if we did have to push it to december I would definitely wait until spring.

DH was so sweet, he was all, I'll make the drive, you know I will, whatever time of year we need to go, even in bad weather. maybe I should just be sedated for the drive home! Heck, maybe I should be sedated for the next several weeks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
October 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 633
Quote:
I am so upset right now! I had given all the orders from my RE to our clinic, but they refused to do any testing on either DH or myself until they heard from the RE directly. They thought the orders were to start the day I started my cycle, and so did I. Well I just got the email from my RE and here he has been waiting for the results of the tests he ordered, which obviously were never done. Big miscommunication there!

Anyway, since AF was a week late, he now wants to go with the BCP protocol, which pushes everything out a month, which we aren't willing to do right now because it is a 9 hour drive one way and this puts is not only right in winter but right smack on top of Christmas with all the increased traffic and crazy drivers. The trip to and from the retrieval/transfer would have me gripping the edge of my seat the whole way and I can't imagine that being a healthy environment for an embryo, 18 hours of seriously elevated stress. And DH would be smoking like a chimney in a drive like that, which would also be bad for myself and the embryo.

There's no way we can afford to fly instead of drive, and especially not with holiday rates! I have to consider the traveling part. It would be stupid of us to spend all this money that we don't have, only to drive and get killed in a blizzard or ice storm. Or spend even more money we don't have to fly and then have the flights get all messed up and long delays with bad weather, and miss the retrieval entirely. And now we really can't afford things especially not with the deductibles we have to cough up to have our vehicles repaired and our stolen property replaced. That's about $1000 out of pocket right now and I have no idea where that money is going to come from.

The RE wants me to have my FSH done today instead of tomorrow, which I'm still going to do bc I want to know if my eggs are going to be a problem in the future, but I told him pushing everything out a month means we will have to wait until spring to get started so if anything comes up that delays this, then we still have several months of good driving conditions, or at least cheaper flight rates. I am so upset I am have been crying all morning! [/b]

so sorry to hear of your dilemma. i don't know where you live or where you'd be traveling to, but i am a travel agent part time (used to do it full time) i'd be glad to see if i could find cheap rates during the holidays if you want to PM me the info on where to where and when. no charge of course!
__________________

Me-33-Liz
DH-48

Started TTC October 2005
TTC w/MA starting May 2007
April 2007-DH SA all normal
May 2007-Clomid - BFN
June 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger & IUI- BFN
July 2007-Clomid w/HCG Trigger &IUI-BFN
August 2007-Clomid - BFN
October 2007-Gonal-F w/HCG Trigger & IUI - BFN




Reply With Quote
  #5  
October 13th, 2007, 10:40 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 15,839
OMG, thank you!!!! I PM'd you the info.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
October 13th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 27,408
WOW! What an ordeal! Thank God that you are going to be able to get through doing the IVF before December!
__________________
Check out hEvan @ http://www.etsy.com/store/hEvan
for some great handmade items.
All proceeds go to a family struggling w/ infertility!



Reply With Quote
  #7  
October 14th, 2007, 10:09 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 5,482
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
OH I'm so happy that it worked out! I felt so bad for you. I could tell how disappointed you were. That's great news!
__________________
Eliza - Wife to husband, Jason. Mother to twin boys, Cameron and Kiefer (6-24-08)

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
October 15th, 2007, 09:16 AM
sillygirl5's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 198
Send a message via ICQ to sillygirl5
I'm so glad things worked out better!
__________________
Amanda


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0