my FSH level

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh. Not pretty. My RE changed things a bit and decided that since AF was so late that I needed to get my FSH checked on Day 2 instead of Day 3 so Saturday afternoon I went in to get that done. The results were 15.7. I totally did not expect that!
So he's changing my protocol a bit. He didn't say the # was bad, just that it was "borderline" and that I should start taking 100mg of DHEA per day and that we will be switching to the microLupron protocol. I don't really know what that means, except that DHEA's are supposed to improve ovarian function.
I have read, however, that "traumatic stress" can cause an elevated reading and the levels can return to normal the next cycle. So I wonder if having surgery during my last cycle where they took scar tissue off my ovaries and drained multiple cysts on them had anything to do with that - not so much "traumatic stress" for me exactly, but maybe for my ovaries???
Off to Walmart to look in the vitamin section for DHEA . . .
October 15th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
edited to remove my comments

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
October 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Girlie, try to think + & make sure that you take the DHEA like your dr said. If anything, it will help your ovaries funtion better for this cycle & hopefully help you get some quality eggs!

October 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Girlie, try to think + & make sure that you take the DHEA like your dr said. If anything, it will help your ovaries funtion better for this cycle & hopefully help you get some quality eggs![/b]
I picked some up at Walmart a little bit ago and want to start that tonight. It comes in 50mg pills and I'm supposed to take 100mg/day. Any suggestions - 1 pill twice a day, or just take 2 once per day? The recommended dosage on the bottle is 50 mg per day so I know I'm doubling up. Says it will help with my sleep pattern too. That'd be nice. I always wake up several times/night. Maybe it will help with the cysts, I think they came back. Or at least it feels like they did on the right ovary.

Also, the RE wants me on BCP too starting Wednesday . . . doesn't that suppress ovulation? Right now I'm wondering how this works - one pill to make them work better, and another pill to stop them from working??? HELP!!!
October 16th, 2007, 03:24 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
Quote:
Girlie, try to think + & make sure that you take the DHEA like your dr said. If anything, it will help your ovaries funtion better for this cycle & hopefully help you get some quality eggs![/b]
I picked some up at Walmart a little bit ago and want to start that tonight. It comes in 50mg pills and I'm supposed to take 100mg/day. Any suggestions - 1 pill twice a day, or just take 2 once per day? The recommended dosage on the bottle is 50 mg per day so I know I'm doubling up. Says it will help with my sleep pattern too. That'd be nice. I always wake up several times/night. Maybe it will help with the cysts, I think they came back. Or at least it feels like they did on the right ovary.

Also, the RE wants me on BCP too starting Wednesday . . . doesn't that suppress ovulation? Right now I'm wondering how this works - one pill to make them work better, and another pill to stop them from working??? HELP!!!
[/b]
Delurking for a minute You want to try and take it 3 times per day. Also make sure you get micronized or it doesn't really help.

Hope it works for you!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search