IUI Success w/ Endo

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2007, 12:11 PM
dlitephul's Avatar Veteran
Hi to anyone who reads this!

I wasn't on TTC w/meds for very long, so I didn't feel right making an announcement of my BFP since I really don't know anyone on here. But I wanted to post my story for anyone in a similar situation that is looking for a little hope.

I'm 35, my DH is 36. I have a 10-year-old son from a previous marriage. I've suffered with severe endometriosis and fibroids for the last 10 years. I've had 3 laparoscopies and several different therapies to treat it including Lupron. After my last surgery 2 years ago, my pain got much much worse and I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis which just means I have endometriosis within the uterine lining.

This past year, I started having very bad joint and neurological pain. Turns out that all of the heavy bleeding I had been doing during my periods, which sometimes lasted 7 - 10 days caused me to be very anemic. A condition called Microcytic Anemia, where your red blood cells shrink from being so anemic and then don't carry the proper amount of oxygen to your organs and bone marrow. That's where the pain was coming from. I had no ferritin left in my blood and my hemoglobin was dangerously low. I started doing iron IV fusion treatments that made a huge difference in how I felt. However, the hematologist told me that this treatment would be indefinite unless I resolved my gynecological problems. It was at this point that my husband and I went to a reproductive endocrinologist.

My husband and I had been trying for the last 2 years. In January I did get pregnant but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. Since then there had been no luck. I ovulate on my own, didn't think I had any other issues until I was also diagnosed with Antiphosphilipid syndrome or 'sticky blood' disorder, which confirmed why I had a stroke when I was 19 from birth control pills, which would have helped the endo, so on and so forth. Let's not forget the RA and Lupus I was also diagnosed with.

One thing after another right?? Well the last thing, is that after my DH's S/A, we found out he has Moderate Male Infertility. He has a low sperm count with borderline morphology. We confirmed just last week that this is caused by the TWO Varicocele in his testes. OY!!!

Anyway, before we found this out, on 11/12 and 11/13 I had a double IUI, where on Sunday and Monday they inseminated me with what he could produce which by the second day had risen dramatically (huh??)

And now, this Friday, Saturday, and today I have had my BFP. Tomorrow I will have it confirmed by my RE with a blood test.

All in all, it has been a journey. Mind you, not as difficult as some courageous women on this board, but difficult just the same.

I'm praying with all that I have this pregnancy sticks and my baby is born healthy and happy.

I hope this very very very long story has given whoever is reading this a some hope. Good luck, and baby dust!!
March 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Regular
OMG what a wonderful story. I am sorry to hear all that you have suffered with. I too suffer from endo and am JUST now begining my first set of IUI's. Did you do anything with the IUI's? was this your first try? You have definitely given me some extra hope and I am so thankful for that! I was wondering what the stats were for women with endo doing the IUI's.

I am to the Injections I just started on Saturday.

How is your pregnancy going so far? Congratulations to you!!!!!!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search