Anyone else confused on clomid?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Regular
Okay so I am on Clomid (total of 6 rounds) and currently on 100 mg with chance of upping to 150 mg next month. But I am concerned because I keep hearing everyone else say their doctors do ultrasounds both for the follicles and for cysts and my doctor has only done one ultrasound and told me the cysts were normal due to ovulation (and I have PCOS). He has never checked the follicles and only wants to call if I either get pregnant or on day 1 so they know I am starting a new cycle of drugs. Anyone think this strange or is just me??? Please help!!!

April 1st, 2008, 09:12 PM
nelson40's Avatar Super Mommy
I am on my second cycle of Clomid 100mg.. i have my first ultrasound next wednesday!! I am only scheduled right now for one ultrasound.. i have not been diagonsed with PCOS, but rather i take Clomid to help strengthen my eggies!! i am sorry i dont know what to expect either!
April 14th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I am on my second cycle of Clomid 100mg.. i have my first ultrasound next wednesday!! I am only scheduled right now for one ultrasound.. i have not been diagonsed with PCOS, but rather i take Clomid to help strengthen my eggies!! i am sorry i dont know what to expect either![/b]

Well in my situation my dr does a u/s very often she does one every month to measure my lining and my follicles if noting good then I wait for AF....So I think that it is weired you are not regularly getting a u/s

April 15th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
I'm on Clomid and my doc is only doing an ultrasound after 3 rounds if no O.
May 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
justus6's Avatar Veteran
I am pretty sure that I never had an u/s while on clomid.
Holly 3.5.07
and Baby spike due 11.12.09

October 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know i"m kinda late for a reply but I thought I'd add my thoughts.

I have an u/s on day 1 or 2 of my cycle. If I have cysts on my ovaries over 9mm then I have to wait and not start clomid for that month. If they are smaller than that then I start cd 3-9 of clomid. I do a second u/s on cd 10-11 to check the size of the follies. Then if they aren't ready for the trigger I go in again for a third and final u/s a couple of days later depending on how the second one looked. Then after the third u/s I usually trigger.

Sorry it's late but I hope it helps!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

October 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine is a bit late as well, sorry. This is my first cycle on Clomid and my OB isn't planning to do any bloodwork or scans at this point. She just wants to see if it moves up my O date first and then go from there.

October 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
I have U/S CD 1-3 do the Clomid CD 3-7 then on CD 12 I go back for a second US and then told when to do my HCG shot. My RE does this to make sure not cysts from and to check the folical size.

made by BAM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search