Blinkie of the month- please read!!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blinkies Bungalow LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok, so i have come up with a few ideas on how we can change Blinkie of the month to make it easier for all of us. i have a few ways to do it and would love your input o9n my ideas.
if you can please read through it and post your thoughts on which you would prefer or a combination of them.

1. (Sarah's idea)- Get the co-hosts to nominate one blinkie each, made from each creator of that month so every maker of that month would have a blinkie of theirs nominated and then allow everyone on JM to vote??

2. (Linda's idea) - I think honestly it would be easier for people to nominate if we (towards the end of the month) put all the blinkies we have made into one post so people don't have to search the pickups to find their nominations. Like have one post labeled January Blinkies and everyone could do a reply with all of the blinkies they made in Jan. It would make more work for us makers but in the end it would easier to nominate.
what we could do for this idea is at the start of the month, put up a sticky for the month. then we all have a post in that thread and whenever we make a blinkie we just edit our post and put it there as well as in pick ups. that way it isnt that much more work.
then when it comes to nominating we just scroll down the thread and all the blinkies are there.

3. i would also like to add the winning blinkies from all our contests for the month in there. so depending on how the votes go and how many blinkies we have up for nomination, we can either choose the top 1 or the top 3.

4. and if we dont have many nominations we could also get a guest to come in and nominate their favorite.

what do you all think of these ideas?
please share your thoughts with us on what you would prefer.

thanks in advance!!!!

Edited to add-
on no 2. you could possibly have makers nominate if they want to.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Last edited by kerian; January 23rd, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
January 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I like all of them to tell you the truth. We (the makers) could all put our blinkies in one post, let the co-hosts pick two blinkies from each maker, add in the top1-3 winners from contests and then invite everyone (ask hosts to post it on their boards) to come vote in the final poll so we have tons of votes.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
January 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Linda, what about makers nominating?
do you think makers should also get a chance to nominate?
or only hosts nominate?

January 23rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I have no problem with any of these. I wouldn't mind that the Co-host nominate them? I think that is a great idea. I don't mind nominating but I feel like it may be easier for the Co host to do it. Sometimes like someone else said that everyone isn't in here all the time.

hugs
edee
January 23rd, 2012, 10:36 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I think hosts should nominate.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
January 23rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I do like idea #2 but i am quite a lazy person and i know i would never be bothered to do a whole new topic every month to put all the blinkies i made that month into

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 24th, 2012, 08:55 AM
ok, so maybe for this month we will give it a try with the co hosts nominating. and then i will add in the top 3 of the contest. and maybe we will do an open nomination- if any of you ladies want to nominate you can.

we can see how it goes and change it if need be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search