Large family=less friends??

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2004, 08:44 AM
oreokitten
Just wondering if anyone else feels that because they have a large family they get 'ignored' by friends and family. I know it sounds weird, but after my vent post I am wondering. Sometimes I think if I only had 1 or 2 kids maybe I would be still friends with more poeple and invited to more family functions. I love my kids and don't regret them at all... I just wish people wouldn't look at me like a baby machine.
July 17th, 2004, 03:44 PM
YankeeMom
I can't say that I have that problem.
But then I am the oldest of 6, my youngest brother has four kids also. Dh is the second of four siblings too.
I have friends that have one or two kids, friends that have three or four, and friends that have none. While I find that my friends that have kids are more understanding about scheduling get togethers (my family comes first, always) the ones that are single and/or childless sometimes don't get it. But they don't resent it. They are just ignorant of it
July 17th, 2004, 03:56 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The way I feel about it is....the bigger the family the better...Just look at all the LOVE you have. That is the greatest thing in life...loving your family & having all that LOVE back!
I only have 3 kids!!! And I love each of them with all my heart! I could not imagine my life with out my kids. They have truely given me soooooo much joy & fulfillment in my life!

All you Moms out there with even more children then what I have been blessed with...I look up to you all! After all being a good Mom is the most important task in life!!!! Our children are a gift from GOD!

BOOOOOO to all of those people out there that do not understand that!!!!

July 17th, 2004, 11:35 PM
klein.Mama.mich's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to klein.Mama.mich Send a message via Yahoo to klein.Mama.mich
It does seem harder to keep friends....
Family Website | Photos | Memories of Yesterday</span>

September 9th, 2004, 07:23 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think your point is a good one. I would add that I dont' think its just large
families that have their social life tamped down.

Myown experience is that, esp in an urban evironment, even one child
eliminates whatever social life you had. Added challenge if you work outside
the home full-time.

Havent' figured out the answer to this one yet, but I figure its a matter of
finding a similarly-situated community. Or different friends
September 22nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
Regular
Hi I am new? I know this will sound weird but I have 8 kids and pregant with # 9 and 10 (twins). It's alot but they all play with each other. I have 10 other sibblings and my husband has 12 other.

Lilly-38
Mike Sr.- 40

Mike Jr. 16
Karen 14
Kelly 12
John 10
Matt 8
Amanda 6
Pete 4
Jessie 2
2 on the way- 12/24/05

please email me if you wanna talk campizl@yahoo.com
October 8th, 2004, 09:48 AM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
definitly.. my family is super supportive of our choice to have a large family.. I come from a family of 6 kids. and friends here arent' too bad.

I do have a circle of friends I go out and shoot the breeze with once a month but no one calls me during the day JUST to talk.. I don't go on playdates a lot (I do have some but hard to coordinate with 4 kids when most places they go cost $$ /child..

its sad.. but I think thats why I apreciate boards like this so much.. we all have so much in common.. it's just too bad we don't live closer together.
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

October 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by pregmama8@Sep 22 2004, 01:06 PM
Hi I am new? I know this will sound weird but I have 8 kids and pregant with # 9 and 10 (twins). It's alot but they all play with each other. I have 10 other sibblings and my husband has 12 other.

Lilly-38
Mike Sr.- 40

Mike Jr. 16
Karen 14
Kelly 12
John 10
Matt 8
Amanda 6
Pete 4
Jessie 2
2 on the way- 12/24/05

please email me if you wanna talk campizl@yahoo.com
Quote:
undefined[/b]

how do you keep yourself sane wtih so many kids? what is it like? i dont think i could do it. i think it is amazing.

October 8th, 2004, 11:25 AM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by rollopodio@Oct 8 2004, 11:01 AM
how do you keep yourself sane wtih so many kids? what is it like? i dont think i could do it. i think it is amazing.
oh you get used to it! lol.. I only hve 4 at the moment but even with 4 I can see the kaos turn into something different as the get older.. The older ones help out the younger ones a lot. and as they get older the fights become more mature lol.. hopefully anyway. lol... if we were all given 12 kids all at once that would be insane! lol but over time I would think that you really don't even notice how nuts it is at times..
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search