Getting to know our Large Families

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name: Tammy
2. DH name: Phillip
3. Kids names and ages: Jessica-15, Daniel-14, Anna-11, Kaylee-9, Emily-7, Alyssa-6, Eli-5, Nathan-3, Natalie-2, Bethany (12/29/10)
4. Are you done or still working on that? dh is thinking about us being done, I am still happy leaving it in God's hands.
5. Any other information you would like share? I will hopefully graduate nursing school in May and then will finish up my batchelors starting in the fall, I have already finished most of my general studies so it shouldn't take too long!
April 4th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name Summer

2. DH name Charles

3. Kids names and ages Zachary 10, Sierra 9, Brian 6, Dylan 4, Jordan 3, a angle in heaven, and Cheyenne 3months.

4. Are you done or still working on that? We want one more, or i should say i want one more. we will be working on that probly when she is about 3 or so.

5. Any other information you would like share?

April 4th, 2011, 02:40 PM

Name: Kim

Dh: Lee

Kids: We have 7 - Adrienne (11), twin girls Lauren and Hannah (9), Caleb 5 (6 in June), Jayden 3 (4 in May), Nathan 1... and our angel, Aaron (4/11/09) who went to heaven when I was 20w2days pg.

Are you done or still working on that? Well, that depends on who you ask LOL! Dh says done (probably...maybe), I say still working on that (all in God's time!).

Anything else you'd like to add? I also homeschool. We just moved from a house with a large yard and no room in the house, to no yard (but nice neighborhood) and LOTS of room. It's been a huge adjustment for everyone, especially our dog!

May 16th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Name: Tracy

Dh: Phil

Kids: We have Cristina(16) Twins Nicholas and Brandon(11) Joey (2) and 1 on the way EDD Oct 29th

Are you done or still working on that? #5 will be last but not least for us

Anything else you'd like to add? IM a nurse and a freelance photographer working on my yoga teacher certification and birth doula certification. I seem to enjoy having too much on my plate

Thank you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!
May 23rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
ceilidh13's Avatar Love My 4 Wee Men!
1. Your Name Christine

2. DH name Chris

3. Kids names and ages ALL boys Joey (15) Declan (9 1/2) Kieran (5) and baby Orry (almost 20 months)

4. Are you done or still working on that?
We are done...we WERE done after 3 but DH didn't make that doctor's appt and I saw his sweet face!! This time he made the appt when I was 7 months pregnant

We have been married 20 years this June (at 19 and 21) and *I* always thought we'd have 4 kids by the time we were 'old and 30' but waited to start until DH was finished uni. When sitting with the DH recently I said to him "Y'know if we'd had them closer together we would have had 6?" He responded with "Yeah, I know" He comes from a family of 7 and wanted 2...he was the baby! But he was adamant he be younger than his father was when HE was born. My FIL was 41 when DH was born...DH was 40 when Orry was born. My inlaws had 6 kids in 7 years and 7 years later had DH!! I actually thought we wouldn't have #4 because I miscarried at 14 weeks the year before and did NOT want to 'try again'...no one even knew we were pregnant until I lost it...and had to spend my birthday in the hospital having surgery. But I healed...gave us 3 months to get pg...and convinced I WASN'T I peed on that stick! We did have a REALLY hard time naming him...I think because we already had names planned for the one we lost and I could NOT use those. People think we are crazy to have 4...you guys make me feel like we don't have enough!
July 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name: Elizabeth
2. DH name: Chris
3. Kids names and ages: Alexander (5), Reid (stepson, 4), Cadence (3), Isaiah (stepson, 2), and Ethan (1)
4. Are you done or still working on that? Working on #6, after that hubby says we are done but I'm thinking 8 sound better
5. Any other information you would like share? I am a working mommy, DH is a SAHD. So a little different than many on here it seems. But I have the degree and can bring home the $$ right now, so its what works for us though I miss out on a lot of time with the kids =(

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

August 3rd, 2011, 03:03 AM
1. Your Name: Melissa
2. DH name: Steven
3. Kids names and ages: Ruby Rose (6), twins Lily Lark & Daisy Dawn (4), #4 due next month
4. Are you done or still working on that? If #4 is a boy we are done. If it's a girl we'll go for a #5 but then we are done at #5 no matter the sex.
5. Any other information you would like share? No?

Jamie Jack
Born at 35 weeks
Unexpectedly blessed with Down's Syndrome
October 1st, 2011, 08:31 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
1. Your Name: Denise
2. DH name: Chris
3. Kids names and ages: Isis(6) Athena(5) Thayden(22 months) Korbin(4 months)
4. Are you done or still working on that? still working on it hehe
5. Any other information you would like share? My husband and I were a military family up until the 9th of September he got out of the navy, we have been together since 2002....umm thats about it lol

October 5th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Your Name: Angela
2. DH name: Doug
3. Kids names and ages: Steven -18, Sebastian -16, Yaasmina -11, Ava -2 and baby #5 EDD 5/29/12
4. Are you done or still working on that? Not done
5. Any other information you would like share? Working on my last year of school above and beyond the bachelor's I already can have. Just wanted this last class before graduation.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

December 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Sarah
2. Benny
3. Clare (10), Matthew (8), Ryan (5, will be 6 in Jan), and David (1, will be 2 in Jan)
4. I thought we were done but comments from dh lately has me rethinking it a little.
5. I am a homeschooling mom. This year is our first year. I also own Legitimate Work At Home Jobs for Mom - Get Paid to Work From Home Job Leads so that I can stay at home with the kids.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Veteran
1. Your Name Brianne
2. DH name Christopher
3. Kids names and ages Treyden - 14, Emily - 11, Christina - 8, Hilarie - 7
4. Are you done or still working on that? DONE!
5. Any other information you would like share? My sister & her husband passed away in Aug 2008, and since then we've been raising & caring for their children. Kristina - 16 (on Valentines), Leah - 14, Austin - 11, Dylan & Mya - 10 (on Feb 8), Landon - 8, Melanie - 3

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

February 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Veteran
1 Debi
2 Mark
3 Angel 14, Aundrea 7, Alex 5, Ammon 3 , Aleah 16months, Ava 16 months
4 Done That is if I have any sanity left
5 I can be kindof flip but my kids rock

Last edited by anexia; February 20th, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot ages
March 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Your Name- Lena
DH name- David
Kids names and ages- Davy 7, Isaac 6, Simon 4, Jubilee 2 & Phillip 1
Are you done or still working on that? Still working on it.
Any other information you would like share? I homeschool.

March 21st, 2012, 12:02 PM
Super Mommy
1. Your Name: Wendy
2. DH name: Matt
3. Kids names and ages: Chris 15, Jason 13, Emily 10, Anna 5, Joe 3, and Andrew 1
4. Are you done or still working on that?: We are not sure, but I will be testing in about 5-6 days since we do Natural Family Planning, and had a little fun too close to Ovulation this month
5. Any other information you would like share?: I am a SAHM
March 25th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name: Cybele
2. DH name: Ash
3. Kids names and ages: Anindita (17), Azriel (15), Sundance (12), Lux (10) and Sasha (4)
4. Are you done or still working on that? I hope im done, HAHA
5. Any other information you would like share? Im a working mama, im a florist and we have a vegetarian family
March 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Your Name - Amber

2. DH name - Tim

3. Kids names and ages - We're a beautiful, blended, getting larger (hopefully) family. Dss- Kaiden (8), Dd- Tora (5 1/2), Dd - Aurora (2 1/2), Ds- (1 1/2)

4. Are you done or still working on that? We're currently ttc (by checking cervix and cm) #5!

5. Any other information you would like share? Every single one of my friends & family (or so it feels) think me and dh are crazy for ttc. We have a way to support our family. We don't struggle at all. It's not the finances I worry about. I am not worried about the emotional aspect either. I don't get their concerns. My mother in law actually said to me, ”Do you know what it looks like to have all these kids?! Are you nuts?!” Um....I think that if you didn't know us personally, you'd never guess we're a blended family. It's obvious our children are well taken care of and very loved. It's beyond obvious we're very much in love and devoted to each other. I don't know. It drives me crazy that I'm judged because of how many children I have or want to have. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling less than complete and wanting a large, possibly expanding family. It's nice to meet you all. I hope we get to know each other!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
April 28th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Super Mommy
1. Your Name: Rachel
2. DH name: Ryan
3. Kids names and ages: Isla (5 1/2), Roma (4), Ruby (2), Harper (7 months), #5 due in December
4. Are you done or still working on that? Most likely done after this one
5. Any other information you would like share? Hmmmm.... nothing at the moment

May 31st, 2012, 10:51 PM
1. My name - Sarah
2. DH name - Joshua
3. Kids names and ages - Trinity (12), Corryn (11), Arianna (7), Kurtis (6), TobeNamed (due Dec '12)
4. Are you done or still working on that? - Still working on it

We are an active duty National Guard family. This gives us the benefits of the military without the normal instability that regular active duty transfers bring. I grew up in a large city, but we are settled in a small town and "turned country" pretty quickly. We love raising animals (chickens, turkeys, ducks, goats, sheep, and pigs) and enjoying the tight knit community of our small town. We are also baseball and softball fanatics, and 3 of our current 4 children love to perform....maybe we should live closer to town with all the practices we end up traveling to and from!
June 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
1. My name - Selena
2. DH name - Chris
3. Kids names and ages - Dan (12), Anna (10), Chloe (6), Alex (5), Ben (3), Elijah (1)
4. Are you done or still working on that? - I am pretty sure we are done...

Our family is a blended one 3 are "mine" 2 are "his" and 1 is "ours" but I try to think of them all as mine. We have a crazy visitation schedule with the 5 oldest and that tends to make life a little hectic (We generally have 3 to 4 kids every day and 6 kids twice a week ) but I thoroughly enjoy all of my kids!

Nice to meet you all

Selena

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search