New to this board, but not JM.

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2009, 12:10 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
Hey ladies!

My name is Elizabeth, mom to Jacob (22 months) and Lillian (6 months), wife to Jered my super hot firefighter. I REALLY want to have another baby. DH is still on the fence. We planned to conceive DD when DS was 7 months old, BFP ~3 weeks later. I am all about having our kids close together.

I am just wondering how different is 3 than 2. Naturally, I realize that having a 3 y/o, an 18 month old and a newborn will be rough for a while but I need someone, or someones, to me like it is.

Thanks! I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

xoxo.

August 7th, 2009, 05:20 AM
mater bibit
Hi There's all kinds of excitement to be had with 3 children so young. It may be entirely different family to family but here's some features from my last six months. This isn't meant to deter AT ALL, just telling it like it is at our place

Right about the time my youngest started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, my 3yo went through a week of waking from dreams and my 1yo decided she didn't need to sleep ever. There were a number of nights of being up with all 3 of them for various reasons, my daughter being the most difficult to get back to sleep. My oldest had stopped accidentally wetting the bed by that time and we were blessed with an easy going baby so those details were blessings. By the time the older two stopped waking through the night, my baby regressed and started nursing around the clock again. He improved again somewhat but has regressed again with teething. Ignoring the issue of sleep (or lack thereof) - The older 2 are obviously still learning social skills so the days are filled with interventions teaching them both to communicate profitably and to share.

I find it takes a lot of discipline one my part and a I rely entirely upon the grace of God since I am not one given to personal discipline or boat loads of patience and I love sleep far more than my children permit me to indulge. But by God's grace I get to enjoy the delight that comes with such little ones - one of the most intolerable things about 3 children 3 and under is the level of cuteness under one roof. Sometimes, it's just too much to bare - particularly when they're all loving on each other.
August 7th, 2009, 05:50 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all - WELCOME!!!

I had three children under three too. And my boys are 18 months apart. I am glad that my boys are close in age - although a little rough in the beginning, but now they are best buds. It was hard at first because my oldest son (who was 18 months) was a difficult baby, and a terrible toddler! It was hard to keep an eye on him constantly and tend to a newborn. Luckily, my newborn was a wonderfully good baby. I am sure that it will be fine for you too. It all works out somehow. My motto is - sink or swim. What else can you do????

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 7th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't find going from 2 to 3 kids that big of a change. It wasn't until baby number 5 that I started to really see a difference.

August 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM
TattooedMama's Avatar Mama to Goose, Bean, & #3
Send a message via AIM to TattooedMama Send a message via Yahoo to TattooedMama
Thanks girls! My mom died this past January (exactly 7 months ago today and today is her birthday) so maybe this is hormones or emotions or something but when my mom died I realized how small my family really is. Besides my husband, our children and my in-law family, I have my dad (who was an only child) and my paternal grandmother (who was an only child). My mom has some family who I haven't seen in years and that's it. My husband has 4 aunts and uncles plus spouses and each family has at least two children. Needless to say, my husband grew up with a large closely knit family and I want my kids and grandkids to have that same experience, because I never did. I am crazy to want to get preggo, again, now?

August 7th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
First of all, sorry about your mom, *hugs*.

Second of all, welcome!

I have two sisters and one brother but my parents were both only children so I understand wanting to make your own large family. It's amazing and I have always been envious of that. I want to make a family large enough to merit a family reunion one day So I certainly don't think you're crazy!

August 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM
mater bibit
I don't think you're crazy. I would be delighted to find out I'm pregnant again.
August 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 5 kids ages 5, 4, 3, almost 2, and 5 weeks. So obviously I had them all VERY closely. Although it was crazy sometimes, I LOVE it. They are all playmates, there is always someone to play or snuggle up and watch a movie with. I also have just one brother, don't keep in touch with my dad, and I have my mom still God bless that, but I always think about one day I want my kids to have a ton of family to rely on and spend time with, and feel like they have a huge happy family. Hubby is the oldest of 5 and I think it's great to have so many people to be with. 3 wasn't much different then 2, but 5 DOES feel different then 4...everyone has their opinions but I would say if you want a baby then that's all that counts!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

August 11th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry about your mom.

Also, welcome.

I had 3 in just over 3 years, and I think you just have to adjust to the stage of life you're in. For me, to keep a handle on it, I just stayed home a lot and to give yourself a lot of time to make your ways out the door. You just do what you have to do, and your kids are only little for so long, it's totally manageable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search