Do you get invited

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2009, 04:38 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to people's house for dinner often?

I find that people just don't want to feed the six of us!! (Not that it upsets me) My sister never invites us over and my in laws don't very often. Just wonder if you all notice that the size of your family scares some people about inviting you over?

Sheesh - I *only* have four.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 12th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not except my close friends. My bil, my bff, and another almost bff, and us do stuff together pretty regularly. My father won't let us come to his 4500 sq ft house in Orlando that he shares with his 5'1 wife and stupid little dog. My inlaws would have us whenever we ask to go there, but we usually only go 2-3 times a year. They live about 2 hours from us.
August 12th, 2009, 05:59 AM
mater bibit
With only 3 so far we don't have this issue but we do have larger families over for meals. I will admit that it I often think, hmm .. how am I going to pull this off? when it comes to friends with 7 - 10 children in our little 1100sqft house but I know of others, with more children of their own in the same space pull such things off with ease. I think we just need more practice
August 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I go to my parents fairly often for dinner during the summer, during the school year it's harder because there is so much to do. We go to dhs dads 3 or 4 times a year for dinner, and mil invites us often but we don't go so much.hmmm my aunt invites us usually twice a year,and we get invited to all of the family functions.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

August 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nope, no one invites us anywhere.
#12 is on the way
August 13th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's sad that people wont invite anyone with more than 2 or 3 kids over. We dont get invited a lot of places but mostly cause we dont have a lot of friends. We have a "new" friend that has 8 kids....and they invite us over lol....and family doesnt' mind our company....but really we dont get invited many places...but we didn't when we only had 2 kids either....just for lack of friends in the area that both dh and I like LOL.....so I dont think (at this point) it's cause of our number

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
August 15th, 2009, 06:47 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't much anymore but that's because most of our friends have moved from the area. We do eat at my parents pretty often. With my parents they had four kids so I don't think they even really think about the size of my family....it's just normal.

Most the time if we are invited some place I always bring food LOL

August 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
boomersgang
Occasionally my parents- mostly for holidays. No one else.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search