For those of you who are done...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Did baby fever ever go away or is it a permanent condition .

I was packing away the bassinet and I was TOTALLY fine with Clara being our last but already I am not sure. At all. If I had another though would I just keep getting this way, or did you finally hit a number when you were like "Oh good I am done"?

August 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well brayden was our last i went ahead and got a tubal done cause i was sure at that time that i absolutely didnt want anymore, well here it is 4 mos after having him just had my tubal in may and not only am i having major pain issues after having it due to Symptoms of Post Tubal Ligation Snydrome (PTLS) which i wasnt even informed of and im so angry that i didnt look into tubals prior to having mine done to find this info for myself , but im regretting my decision EVERY DAY so for me it went away and then came back lol

Thanks to MommaTrish for my wonder Buddy Siggy !!

M0mmy To Six Wonderful Children.....
Katelyn 14 Daniel 11
Victoria 9 McKenzie 7
Jacob 2 1/2 Brayden April 17th 8lbs 13 0z
August 19th, 2009, 03:32 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After four - and the issues we had with infertility - I am totally fine with four. I love babies, but I don't really want any more. I think for me though, it's because my dh got snipped and I just know it's not an option.

Now, dh on the other hand, always has baby fever!! We would probably have 10 if he had his way.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM
~Valerie~
I'm pretty sure I'm done, but if I sit down and think about the fact that Xavier is my last one, then I'm not so sure
August 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM
boomersgang
I don't think it ever completely goes away. I have 6 and I still get it now and then. I had MISERABLE pregnancies from the second I conceived (practically) to the moment I delivered (literally). And the first several months are no picnic. My youngest is 13 months old and sometimes I get this insane notion to wish I could have another (we're done - he got the big "v"). Guess I'll have to look forward to grandkids - many years from now.
August 22nd, 2009, 06:10 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersgang View Post
I don't think it ever completely goes away. I have 6 and I still get it now and then. I had MISERABLE pregnancies from the second I conceived (practically) to the moment I delivered (literally). And the first several months are no picnic. My youngest is 13 months old and sometimes I get this insane notion to wish I could have another (we're done - he got the big "v"). Guess I'll have to look forward to grandkids - many years from now.

HOLY COW - your "baby" is 13 months already?????? I remember when you had him. Wow, time sure does fly!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

August 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never have baby fever, my youngest cured me, which is a good thing because dh would maybe possibly be game for a 6th, but not likely.
My 4th was a preemie so I was scared of a repeat with #5, I found it really hard being pregnant with 4 other children to look after (I know a lot of you do it, and I managed but I wouldn't want to do it again), my labor and delivery was torture, the baby was colicky and demanding, and then turned into the most challenging toddler. She's been so worth it, but I have no desire to do it over again. Plus, this year I have started to feel like I am remembering who I am besides a mom, and am enjoying having just a bit more freedom, and I just find it easier to manage all around and be a bit more involve in our farm with dh.
I am thrilled to bits to have 2 more nieces or nephews coming next year though, I can't wait to hold them!!
August 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brayden is our last and I can honestly say I am so happy to be done. I have no baby fever and don't see myself getting it either.

August 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
Mommy to Many
I was "done" at 3 but then I got pregnant again . So THEN I was "done" at 4 and got a tubal. But I always knew we would be foster, possibly adoptive, parents. I figured we would get a toddler up to age 8 since I didn't want to do infants again, but guess what...I have loved having infants here and I am VERY excited about the fact of having a baby or two in the house again! I don't know that I will ever be DONE, but I do plan on taking an extended break to finish my school starting next year.
August 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never thought I'd feel "done" but the done feeling finally came after baby #5. I still have thoughts about more babies now and then but I feel like I'm too old for another. I know what you mean about the bassinet though. My youngest is almost 2 and I still cannot bring myself to take the bassinet out of my room. It's still there by my bed and I just don't want to get rid of it at all. Much too sad.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search