News Flash: Just because you have 7...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You don't know everything!

It seems we have a lactation problem. Either I just never made enough or her lazy nursing caused me to not establish a good supply, but in any case, I have been starving this baby for 11 days! Yesterday, I went all over town, which started to be one errand but then turned into going here and then there and then there again (Walmart twice! on a Saturday!). We learned that I am not making any milk, she is hungry, and I have the most awesome friends on the planet.

When I got home and told my husband about the days adventure and gave the baby her first bottle of formula, she just looked at me with this face that said "didn't you know I was coming? Why did you wait for 11 days to go to Walmart and buy one of those bottle things?" I feel terrible. I have cried, I have laughed, I have squoze my boobs more than a teenage boy at a keg party.

So, learn from my mistake, listen to people, let them help you, just because you are a mom of many doesn't mean you know everything! And sometimes, just sometimes, you might learn something.
August 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Wow. Sounds like a long day. How is she doing with the formula?

And I'll try and remember your advice. I am guilty of thinking I know it all sometimes and I only have four

August 30th, 2009, 04:18 PM
She seems much happier. No more screaming, more restful sleep, actual wet diapers. It is much more peaceful around here.
August 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol, my response when people say, "Wow, 8 kids?! You must know everything there is to know!" is, "Actually, having 8 kids makes me realize how much I don't know!" So glad your LO is happy now.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
August 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know a lot, but I don't know it all, and having 5 kids teaches you that every kid is different. I am not above asking for opinions (not that I will necessarily follow them, but it's good to know what has worked for others) but when I asked for advice because of my nursing troubles with my 5th I got "you should be telling me what to do since you have 5"......twice!

Anyhoo, I am glad things are more peacefull for you.
August 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, I learned that the hard way when I had #4, I stupidly thought I knew it all, and then I didn't breastfeed successfully, he screamed for weeks, I gave up, all to find out at 12 months he was tongue tied all along! So I guess everyone learns that sooner or later that every kid is different and they all teach you a thing or two...or twenty. Glad she's doing better and you're getting more sleep!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

August 31st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Well, I am getting less sleep because I am getting up in the night to wake her instead of the other way around. But I am getting a pump tomorrow to work on creating more supply which will hopefully make her nurse better and then we can get past this whole thing. In hindsight, I had the same trouble with #5, but I ignored it. He didn't cry all day like she is, though, and I think I just naturally made more with him that just got him through. Barely! I am glad I have had this experience though, as a teaching moment! The funniest thought I had through this was "if I just give her formula, I could get pregnant again sooner and have 1 more before I am 40". How ridiculous is that!!??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search