MOTW is Shari (Shari626)

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Shari is our Mom of the Week!
Let's ask lots of questions and request some pics so we can get to know her better!

September 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay - I am ready!! Fire away!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
When did your kids start swimming? Did you used to swim competitively?

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was your favorite toy when you were growing up?

September 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you play an instrument in school?

Did you go to college? for what?

What is your favorite home cooked meal?

Do you like to cook?

Where do you like to go out to eat (if ever)?

Do you take teh kids out to eat or when you go is it just you and dh?

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 2nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
When did your kids start swimming? Did you used to swim competitively? Kelsey started swimming at age 3 (I think). She wasn't afraid of the water so I got her lessons for her own safety. She took to it right away. She has been swimming competitively year round since she was 5. She is a good swimmer, but she doesn't have the drive or determination to be better. High school swimming proved to be discouraging to her, since she wasn't as good as she thought she was. LOL Erin has been swimming since she was 5 also, but Erin has the drive and is determined to work hard and be the best. She is an excellent swimmer and wants to win. I think her sister gets jealous of that. Andrew just started swimming this summer at age 6. He has no interest in swimming year round so he will just swim in the summer. Shane can swim, and is a fish, but not ready for the swim team yet.

As for me, I did swim competitively. Although, I never learned to swim until I was 13!! I was never very good, but I always wished that I was. I also coached swimming in the summers during college.

What was your favorite subject in school? English has always been my best subject but Art was my favorite. I took like 4 art classes my senior year and ended up painting a mural at my high school that is still there today.

What was your favorite toy when you were growing up?
Hmmm. That's a toughie. I know we certainly had fun with our Atari!! As a young kid, I loved to play Barbies. We would play for hours!!!

September 2nd, 2009, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
Did you play an instrument in school? I played the flute in fourth grade. That was it. I was in the marching band in high school, but I was a flag twirler.

Did you go to college? for what? Yes, for Early Childhood Development.

What is your favorite home cooked meal? there are so many!! Thanksgiving is my favorite home cooked meal!! But another favorite is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls, and stewed tomatoes. Even my kids eat it all.

Do you like to cook? I love to cook. And I love to cook from scratch. My dh says Thanksgiving is not a big deal because we eat like that all the time.

Where do you like to go out to eat (if ever)? Usually we just go to Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays. We are economical eat outers.

Do you take teh kids out to eat or when you go is it just you and dh?
Sometimes both. We haven't been eating out much at all lately since money is tight but we can get out just the two of us now with a 15 year old here to babysit. But we don't generally go out for a date night. We really should though.

September 2nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Do you like to read? What type of books? Do you have a favorite author?

What was the last adult movie you saw at a theater?

Do you and dh do "date nights?" What do you like to do?

Do you watch much tv? What is your favorite show?
#12 is on the way
September 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Do you like to read? What type of books? Do you have a favorite author? I do, but I don't get much time to read. Sad I know. I don't really have a favorite author.

What was the last adult movie you saw at a theater? Sadly, I cannot remember. It's been that long.

Do you and dh do "date nights?" What do you like to do? We will sometimes go out to dinner, but we haven't even done that lately. Sheesh - we are pitiful.

Do you watch much tv? What is your favorite show?I don't watch much tv ~ I do like to watch Deadliest Catch, Law and Order, and Criminal Minds. I just watch reruns though.

September 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you and dh meet?

Did you have a big or small wedding?

Did you go on a honeymoon?

Was your first year of marriage great or not so much? (lately I've been finding it's either one or the other for people).

What do you like doing with your kids?
September 4th, 2009, 12:27 PM
How did you and dh meet? We actually went to high school together. He was dating my best friend (I fixed them up!!) and I was dating his best friend. We didn't start dating until we were 21 though.

Did you have a big or small wedding? Small.

Did you go on a honeymoon? Nope.

Was your first year of marriage great or not so much? (lately I've been finding it's either one or the other for people). Okay. I was pregnant and we had a baby ~ so there were a lot of adjustments the first year.

What do you like doing with your kids? I like going places with them - zoo, beach, hiking, museums, picnics, park etc.

September 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
[QUOTE=UrbanMomma;17166701]Do you like to read? What type of books? Do you have a favorite author?

What was the last adult movie you saw at a theater?

QUOTE]

LOL! I am sorry, but when I read that, you can only imagine what popped into my mind

I was picturing the big Pee Wee Herman adult movie theatre scandal and Shari sitting on as an innocent bystander, hehehe.

Sorry, my mind get warped at times, lol.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
NICE!! You do have a warped mind!!! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search