Drivers license question

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2009, 06:25 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old do you have to be to get a drivers license in your state?

Here is a graduated system. You get a permit at 16 then have to drive with an adult and no other passengers for 6 months. Then you can drive alone but with no teens in the car and have a curfew until 17. Then you are on your own.

Drivers ed is offered in high school too. Is it in your state? My daughter will be taking it the second half of the year. Help me please.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 4th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In FL, you get your permit when you are 15. That requires you to drive with a licensed adult, I think only til 11pm, or something. Then at 16 you can get your license and have all the rights and responsibilities of any other adult licensed driver. The big change since I was 15 is that you have to have your permit for 1 year before you can get your license. Used to be you could get one then the other the next day if you wanted and could pass the test.
September 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...not sure what it is honestly...they changed it from when I was a teen. It used to be at 15.5 you could get your permit, then at 16 license...

Now I think (THINK) it's you can get your permit at 15....then at 16 you can get your license but you have a curfew of like 11 or something? Until you are 18??? Not sure...How terrible is that...off to google.

Ok...so the permit is 15...you have to have it at least 182 days (or something like that) before applying for a license...

Then you can get an intermediate license for ages 16-18 here are the restricitions
Driving Restrictions:

* During the first 6 months, you may not operate a motor vehicle with more than one passenger who is under 19 years old and who is not a member of your immediate family.
* After the first 6 months, you may not operate a motor vehicle with more than three passengers who are under 19 years old and who are not members of your immediate family.
* You may not drive alone between 1:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. except to and from a school activity, job, or for an emergency, unless accompanied by a licensed driver 21 years old or older.

Does anyone follow that? I dont know...fortunately it wasn't so complicated when I got my license.

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 4th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Veteran
They can get their learner's permit at 15 1/2 years old only if they have taken the drivers ed class and passed the english/writing test that was given to them in 8th grade. After you keep your learner's permit for six months you can apply for your graduated driver's license, you will have the following restrictions:

* You are permitted to drive between the hours of 5 a.m. to 11 p.m., with exceptions for driving to work, school, church or related activities, or if you are driving with a licensed driver in the seat next to you.

* You are not allowed to drive, even between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. with multiple passengers younger than age 21, unless those passengers are members of your family. So, while you are allowed to drive your brothers or sisters around, you may not drive around in a car full of friends.

Once the year is over, if you've kept your driving record clean, the restrictions will be lifted.If you get a traffic ticket and are convicted (found guilty) of a moving violation during the first year of driving, the graduated license restrictions will remain on your license until you turn 18.
September 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
you can get your learners permit at 14 (driving with an adult with a license), at 16 you can get your license, but I think you have a curfew and limited amount of passengers or something, plus zero tolerance for alcohol. I think you then can take a test after you're 18 and have your "full" drivers license.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search