How has school been going...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2009, 06:27 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone back into the routine?

Homeschoolers all back into it too??

For me - I hate school nights. Homework, earlier bedtimes, UGH!

In another week more night time activities start to make my life more hectic. Can't wait.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
School starts for us (homeschool) on Monday. Though Em's soccer practice started last week. So this next week we have School starts on Monday...CBS (our Bible Study) starts on wednesday (as well as soccer practice wednesday evening since we dont have it on monday), homeschool coop starts on friday, and then saturday is our first soccer game....

on top of all that my friend is due any day now and i'm one of her labor assistants. I was hoping she'd have the baby BEFORE school started lol!!!

Oh yeah...and on Saturday I'm supposed to pick apples (if they are open), Em's game, AND sing at a church function....Holy crazy week!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Veteran
Yep we are back into the routine. My older kids have so much homework it's not funny. After homework, eating dinner, then showers it's bedtime.
I'm like Shari I hate school nights.

Autumn's birthday is in January so she has to wait another year for school so I'm more or less homeschooling her for pre-k so she will be ready for pre-k next year.
September 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My grade 7 girl had a lot of tears on monday, she missed her old teacher and things were just so different, and she was feeling very stressed out and very pressured. Thankfully she had a much better day on tuesday and from then on, and has even started appreciating her new teacher (who is a great guy).

The other's have all loved it. My one and only at home hates it, and I have been escaping my house with her, because she has times when she turns into a little monster, out of boredom I think. Thankfully preschool is starting school, she's been wanting to go back since the beginning of July, and I've enrolled her in 2 different preschool's so she can go to school 4 mornings a week.

I didn't like monday, didn't know how I felt about having everyone gone, but now I am liking the routine it brings. Also, we have different hours this year, so we have longer days, but every friday is either off or early dismissal, which is pretty great too.
September 4th, 2009, 11:28 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
mine don't start til Tuesday.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search