tick tock tick tock

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I figure this is a safe place to post this. Does anyone else have a biological clock that isn't just ticking, it is ticking LOUDLY?! I don't dare share this with friends IRL because most would look at me like I'm nuts for wanting more dc. I've always had a thing with age/getting older (I refused to celebrate my 4th bday and pretty much every bday from then on). I'm only on my second cycle postpartum but oh boy, do I feel anxious! Every month that goes by brings me closer to 37 which brings me closer to 40 which makes me want to panic!!!

OK, that felt good to get off my chest.

One factor that makes this struggle even worse is that I have only one fallopian tube so if I ovulate every other side that means I have 6 chances/year to conceive (and yes, I know it "can" happen where a woman ovulates on the opposite side...I could also buy a lottery ticket and win the jackpot. Not putting my hope in things like that.).

Anyone feel this way?

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 6th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't at 36. At 36 I met a woman who said she was almost 40. I asked how old she was specifically and she said 36. I said we are 36, not almost 40.

But now, I am 39 next month. That really is almost 40.

So, you have a good amount of time left. Me, I have 1 foot in the grave. Thanks for reminding me.
September 6th, 2009, 07:15 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerswife View Post
I didn't at 36. At 36 I met a woman who said she was almost 40. I asked how old she was specifically and she said 36. I said we are 36, not almost 40.

But now, I am 39 next month. That really is almost 40.

So, you have a good amount of time left. Me, I have 1 foot in the grave. Thanks for reminding me.
Oh GREAT - thanks farmerswife for reminding me that I ALREADY turned 39 which makes me OLDER than you. I, too, have one foot in the grave!!!

But to the original poster - I don't think you are crazy for hearing your clock tick so loudly. LOL Some people just know they aren't done having children. Why is 40 the magical number??? Many women have children well into their 40's.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I will be 36 next weekend. 36 and pregnant with number nine. My clock is getting turned off after this one. I am done. However, at our "advanced maternal age" (LMAO) we still have plenty of good years ahead of us. My gmother had her last at 42 and her sister had her last at 45.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I love the Advance Maternal Age tag. Whatever. I have a handful of friends who had their lasts in their 40s. The one is the smartest that mom ever had!
September 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL!

I am 35 and got the 'advanced maternal age label' at my first doctor appointment with this pregnancy.

My sister did not even start having kids until she was 37...Why the labels, ya know? LOL

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My MW is pg with her third and due the end of this month, she's 36. We laugh all the time about Advanced Maternal Age, got old lady walker jokes and all. You know it's easier to carry a newborn in your Hover-round.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I absolutely understand the fear of aging. I cried when I turned 18. Sobs. I have gotten much better about it and turning 30 was no biggie this last January. I do hear the "tick" though, but it is still faint.

September 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
I don't feel like I'm going on 33 and I don't look it either and I definitely don't look like I've had 5 kids! Yea I hear it ticking but I think it's broken, can't get pregnant and when I do, I end up losing it.

September 7th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabaum77 View Post
I don't feel like I'm going on 33 and I don't look it either and I definitely don't look like I've had 5 kids! Yea I hear it ticking but I think it's broken, can't get pregnant and when I do, I end up losing it.
Again, I am so sorry hun.

These losses are so evil

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search