Baby Tessia Pics! (I hope)

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see if this works.

Here are some pics of Tessia and the other kids, too.

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.ph...&id=1279926539
September 6th, 2009, 12:13 PM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful!
September 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It worked.

She's cute

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
She's perfect

September 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she is adorable!!!

September 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Lovely!!!!
#12 is on the way
September 7th, 2009, 06:31 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful and you look fabulous!! How are you feeling? How is Tessia doing? Is she a good baby?? She looks quite content to be with her mommy.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 7th, 2009, 06:54 AM
She is an OK baby. She sleeps well and is happy enough to be held by the kids or us, but she doesn't nurse. I practically starved her through her second week when I really was sure something was wrong. I started her on formula and she was so happy and content. Prior to that, she screamed all the time. Red flag, right? So I talked to and went to every lactation consultant in the tri-county area. I am now pumping 9 times a day. 40 minutes every 2-2 1/2 hours. Then I have to feed her. I am producing about 1/2 the food she needs.

It was weird, though. She won't suck. She will from the bottle, but not from the breast. So she wasn't stimulating me to make milk. So I was drying up. Thus, the pumping to re-establish my supply. I don't know if I will be able to catch up, will she ever nurse right, should I stop this time wasting behavior and just give her formula?

Time for a quick shower and then back on the pump!
September 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 8th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerswife View Post
She is an OK baby. She sleeps well and is happy enough to be held by the kids or us, but she doesn't nurse. I practically starved her through her second week when I really was sure something was wrong. I started her on formula and she was so happy and content. Prior to that, she screamed all the time. Red flag, right? So I talked to and went to every lactation consultant in the tri-county area. I am now pumping 9 times a day. 40 minutes every 2-2 1/2 hours. Then I have to feed her. I am producing about 1/2 the food she needs.

It was weird, though. She won't suck. She will from the bottle, but not from the breast. So she wasn't stimulating me to make milk. So I was drying up. Thus, the pumping to re-establish my supply. I don't know if I will be able to catch up, will she ever nurse right, should I stop this time wasting behavior and just give her formula?

Time for a quick shower and then back on the pump!
Of course she would rather suck from a bottle than from you. A bottle requires little effort. She is still young enough to learn to do it. I don't think you are wasting your time ~ it's definetly worth the effort if nursing is what you want to do. Providing half of her food is better than providing none. She is still reaping the benefits of breastmilk. I think you are a terrific mommy for trying and not just giving up when the going got tough.

Did any lactation consultants suggest a supplemental nursing system? It allows the baby to nurse at the breast but still provides them with formula that is needed for more calories/food. It requires a little more effort, but gets the baby used to nursing and receiving food from the breast. Medela Supplemental Nursing System (SNS)

September 8th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Yes, I got one of those. They showed me how to use it and then I came home. That was when the fun started! Picture me and the farmer, 4 hands, a baby, a tiny tube, some surgical tape, and the Keystone Cops. It didn't go well. I set that aside. I do put her on the beast at least 2 times a day to try and make her actually nurse. Her last few feedings have been all breast milk. So, my production is up.

Time to get back on the pump!
September 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerswife View Post
Yes, I got one of those. They showed me how to use it and then I came home. That was when the fun started! Picture me and the farmer, 4 hands, a baby, a tiny tube, some surgical tape, and the Keystone Cops. It didn't go well. I set that aside. I do put her on the beast at least 2 times a day to try and make her actually nurse. Her last few feedings have been all breast milk. So, my production is up.

Time to get back on the pump!

I figured any good lactation consultant would have suggested one.

I know they can be cumbersome and not very easy to use, but for some they are a life saver. I have never used one, but one of my good friends did.

Keep up the good work!!!

September 8th, 2009, 07:52 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is beautiful!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search