Labor Questions for Labor Day

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby?
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby?
3. Do you go natural or take the epi?
4. Which labor was your scariest?
5. What's your favorite labor story?

September 6th, 2009, 10:06 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 24 minutes w/#8
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? 1 hour 10 minutes w/#1
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? 4 natural, 2 full epi, 2 partial epi
4. Which labor was your scariest? first one for sure! Thought I was dying from pain; went into it thinking "This can't be that bad..." stupid, stupid!
5. What's your favorite labor story? hmmmm...I would say my last one. It was very special since my 2 oldest dds were there. Since I had drugs I actually enjoyed the experience and didn't withdraw into myself in reaction to the pain. And I watched in the mirror for the first time ever...WOW!

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 5 hours exactly- Boden (#4) but Tessa (#2) was only a few minutes longer
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? my 1st, she was well over 24 hours, not even sure exactly how long
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? natural, after laboring and pushing for 45 minutes with Mira (#1) the midwife convinced me to get an epi- it failed and I had residual back pain for years, all the rest have been totally natural
4. Which labor was your scariest? Mira again, she became wedged by her shoulders (she was posterior with her hand on her face and 9lbs 6oz), a nurse jumped up on me with her butt in my face and shoved downward while i pushed and the midwife pulled. Mira turned BLACK form lack of oxygen and when she finally shot out like a cannon ball my 1st words as a mom were "is she dead?"
5. What's your favorite labor story? My last labor was my favorite over all- no interventions, minimal time at the hospital laboring. My favorite story to tell is when people ask me about natural labor and I tell them that with my 2nd i stripped off all my clothes, was naked on all 4s howling like a beastie and the nurses were pressed against the wall looking terrified b/c my husband though he should tell them that I bit him during my 1st labor. My doc walked in, snapped her gloves and said "I see we went natural, let's get this kid out" ROFL

September 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 5 hours, baby #3. They gave me pitocin.

2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? 42 hours, baby #2. He was over 10 pounds, shoulder dystocia.

3. Do you go natural or take the epi? I took the epi with the first one, hated it sooooooooo much it was a part of the reason I birth at home now (after #4)

4. Which labor was your scariest? My fourth and seventh, they were csections, they send me into hysterics. The first wasn't needed at all (long story), the second was due to placental abruption (was a planned homebirth, they don't treat you well in the hospital when you come in like that)

5. What's your favorite labor story? All of them were special, even the csections, because they resulted in my beautiful children, but my homebirths are my absolute favorites!!! The last is fantastic!! After #7 was an emergency csection the AWFUL ob in the hospital told me I'd never have a vaginal birth again....hahaha....#8 was a successful homebirth of an 11lb 8 oz baby boy!!!
#12 is on the way
September 7th, 2009, 06:44 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? I think all of my labors were short. But probably 3 start to finish was Shane. (#4)
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? I would say my first, but even that wasn't long. I stayed home because I didn't really think I was in labor (not like books say or I had seen on TV!) I just felt like I had bad menstrual cramps. By the time I went to the hospital I was 8 cms!! I still didn't believe that I was in labor.
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? With my first it was natural, but not by choice. Only because it was too late for anything by the time I got to the hospital. With Erin I had the epi because the doctor talked me into it. It was awful and didn't work. The boys were born at a birth center so it was all natural. I preferred the birth center births to the hospital births!!
4. Which labor was your scariest? I don't think any of them were scary. Maybe the first because you have no idea what's going on.
5. What's your favorite labor story? With Andrew (#3) I woke up in labor, and had a midwife that morning so I drove myself to the birth center (dh was at work) and was 6cm dialated. He was born not long after I got there. DH was so mad at me for driving myself!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 7th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
5. What's your favorite labor story? My last labor was my favorite over all- no interventions, minimal time at the hospital laboring. My favorite story to tell is when people ask me about natural labor and I tell them that with my 2nd i stripped off all my clothes, was naked on all 4s howling like a beastie and the nurses were pressed against the wall looking terrified b/c my husband though he should tell them that I bit him during my 1st labor. My doc walked in, snapped her gloves and said "I see we went natural, let's get this kid out" ROFL
That's hysterical!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
5. What's your favorite labor story? All of them were special, even the csections, because they resulted in my beautiful children, but my homebirths are my absolute favorites!!! The last is fantastic!! After #7 was an emergency csection the AWFUL ob in the hospital told me I'd never have a vaginal birth again....hahaha....#8 was a successful homebirth of an 11lb 8 oz baby boy!!!
WTG!

September 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? #3, 2.5 hours
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? First baby, 12 hours
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? Natural with all of them
4. Which labor was your scariest? The first probably, just because it was so new
5. What's your favorite labor story? My last 3, because they were all born at home. Those labours were just so much better than the ones in hospital. I don't like to think about those too much.
September 7th, 2009, 09:51 PM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? Brayden, I never went into labor. I went in due to blood pressure and had a c-section a few hours later.

2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? Sam, 18 hours (no drugs) before they discovered she was breech and we went in for a c-section

3. Do you go natural or take the epi? My two VBAcs I had an epi

4. Which labor was your scariest? Emma she was so premature and we were terrified.

5. What's your favorite labor story? Gabriel, he was my second VBAC and I went from 5 to him born in 20 minutes.

September 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 1.5 hours, #3 Gretchen, Pitocen Induced from the beginning
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? Olive, #4, 18 hours...
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? Natural on all four...though on #2 had a dose of nubain...just made me realllllllly sleepy. So really made it worse...cause I couldn't stay awake....hind sight is 20/20
4. Which labor was your scariest? Hmmm....Emma's but not the labor....when she was whisked away after she was born for not crying...that was pretty traumatic...

5. What's your favorite labor story?Olive's....not induced like the other three....relaxed and natural at the birthing center. No rushing interventions...no doctors checking me....nothing...just me, dh, and us laboring all day....Born in the water.....it was beautiful! never again will I birth at a hospital unless it really IS necessary!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 8th, 2009, 03:45 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? 1.5 hours, #3 Gretchen, Pitocen Induced from the beginning
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? Olive, #4, 18 hours...
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? Natural on all four...though on #2 had a dose of nubain...just made me realllllllly sleepy. So really made it worse...cause I couldn't stay awake....hind sight is 20/20
4. Which labor was your scariest? Hmmm....Emma's but not the labor....when she was whisked away after she was born for not crying...that was pretty traumatic...

5. What's your favorite labor story?Olive's....not induced like the other three....relaxed and natural at the birthing center. No rushing interventions...no doctors checking me....nothing...just me, dh, and us laboring all day....Born in the water.....it was beautiful! never again will I birth at a hospital unless it really IS necessary!
I totally agree about the birthing centers. I wish I would have considered it with the first two pregnancies. I am not having any more babies, but I am sooo in favor of birth centers!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 8th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our hospital calls it's L&D area a birthing center, but it's part of the hospital

1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? Clara / #4 - I was induced all four times and they took my advice with her as I went in at 5c so they broke my water right away. Had her within the hour.
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? #1, Induced but got an epi and it was SLOW goin' after that.
3. Do you go natural or take the epi?#1 - Epi, #2 Epi- Didn't work but paralyzed my right leg for 12 hours, #3 Statol - stupid waste, kicked in right when she was being born and I was more stoned than pain free, #4 - nothing - Finally
4. Which labor was your scariest? #3. He was stuck and had the cord around his neck so I couldn't push and had to wait for the dr. I was screaming bloody murder and my family was outside trying to get in and then he was born and was whisked away so I just kept screaming "why isn't he crying" he needed air, had blood sugar issues, hole in his heart, his arm had been dislocated so it was all limp, he was totally jaundiced and just plain scary. Now he is a ball of energy. My beautiful boy.
5. What's your favorite labor story? I don't have one actually. Guess I need to have another baby for an exciting labor story. Preferably not induced.

September 8th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? which baby? 2hrs-ish, 3rd baby
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? 14 hrs, 5th baby
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? epi with 3, natural with 2
4. Which labor was your scariest? my 4th, only because it was very painful and the staff at the hospital that shift was beyond stupid.
5. What's your favorite labor story? probably my 5th. he might have been the longest, but it really was easy. contractions never got too close together and it was only the last 15 mins that were difficult. less than a min of pushing and he was out.

September 9th, 2009, 01:01 AM
nicolelogg's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby?4 hours, my last one
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby?1st one was 20 hours
3. Do you go natural or take the epi?natural with all 4
4. Which labor was your scariest?My 3rd, when he came out his cord snapped, and he was the one I had the uterus infection with.
5. What's your favorite labor story?My kast one was the best!

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...#ixzz0QaropACY (Labor Questions for Labor Day)
September 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MammaJessie: The birthing center I'm referring to is a free standing birth center...run by one doctor and midwives...not at a hospital and not with OB's. Just a building with a couple beds and some big ole tubs and showers....and lots of great scents and books and pictures LOL...oh and very friendly loving midwives

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Veteran
1. Shortest Labor? How short and which baby? #5 because I had to have a c-section with her due to being breech
2. Longest Labor? How long and which baby? 10hrs baby #3
3. Do you go natural or take the epi? Had a full epi on #1 and #5 the rest I waited till I was 7-8cm for a partial epi. I have a heart shaped uterus and after 7cm it feels like my stomach is going to split in half
4. Which labor was your scariest? #4 He was coming out sideways or something and the dr was trying to turn him before I had to push. He ended up being my biggest at 9lbs 8oz. #5 was scary because it was my 1st c-section
5. What's your favorite labor story? #3 I was having contractions and went to the hospital at night. They didn't believe they were doing anything but kept me there till morning after the dr could talk to me. Dr came in said go walk and relax because I still had 2.5 weeks to go. Nurse said I'll be back with discharge papers then 5 minutes later I called the nurse back in and said rip up those papers, my water just broke.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search