Our MOTW is Jenifer (UrbanMomma)

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Jenifer is our Mom of the Week!
Let's ask lots of questions and request some pics so we can get to know her better!

September 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Were you a good student in school?
What group were you in during high school? (nerd? popular? jock??)
What is the most memorable moment of high school?

What is your most embarrassing moment?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Were you a good student in school? I was a straight A student all through 8th grade. I took the SAT's in 7th grade and did better than 85% of high school seniors. I was the kid the teacher always used my assignment as the example of how it was supposed to be done. Then in 9th grade I just decided I hated school. It was boring. I dropped out at 16.

What group were you in during high school? (nerd? popular? jock??) I was a rebel, did what I wanted to while I was there, I drank Mad Dog 20/20 in my 1st hr math class and pissed off my teacher when I corrected him. I smoked cigarettes walking down the hallway and skipped school. I fought a lot.

What is the most memorable moment of high school? I guess having a beer party on the football field during school

What is your most embarrassing moment? Probably getting nominated most likely to get suspended for the yearbook. I didn't care then, but now I think its embarrassing.

**disclaimer** My mom was very sick when I was growing up, we moved when I was in 8th grade. I had a lot of issues as a teenager. I got over them as soon as I got pregnant with my oldest.
#12 is on the way
September 7th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How did you meet DH?
How did you tell him you were pregnant with your first?

Do you have a lucky number?

September 8th, 2009, 03:49 AM
How did you meet DH? We aren't married and he isn't the father to the first six, but we met a few years ago when I was underneath a van in front of my friend Dave's house taking a muffler pipe off. Dave is a mechanic and I was working with him. I actually went to school for a little bit for Auto Tech but...guess what....had a baby and stopped. Anyway, he (SO) came over to meet the girl (me LOL) who'd climb under vans to work on them.

How did you tell him you were pregnant with your first? I gave him the test and told him Merry Christmas

Do you have a lucky number? Hahaha....yep, 13...I am strange aren't I
#12 is on the way
September 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your stories are great!!

What do you do to relax?

Where would you go on a dream vacation?

What is your favorite part of the day?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
What do you do to relax? I read, I love to read. I read when I wait on kids, like at football practice or Young Marines. I love to bake too, huge, complicated desserts. The more elaborate the better.

Where would you go on a dream vacation? I don't know. I have never been anywhere. Ohio...LMAO. There is probably plenty to see right here in "good 'ol Michigan". Ya know I live 15-20 minutes from the bridge and I have never been to Canada. Anyway. I'd love to go somewhere tropical but not touristy...if that kinda place exists.

What is your favorite part of the day? I just love the parts of the day when we all get to hang out here and do nothing really. Maybe just BBQ and eat and watch silly movies. I love to watch silly movies with my two oldest sons, dumb movies....like we are gonna watch Dance Flick this weekend. It always seems like the days are so hectic and life is racing past us. My "babies" aren't all babies anymore and two of them look like grown men! I like the slow days the best!
#12 is on the way
September 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where did you grow up?

How old are all your kids?

WHat was your inspiration to have a big family ?

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Where did you grow up? Livonia, South Lyon, Detroit MI

How old are all your kids? Isaac is 14, Aaron is 12, Elijaah is 10, Naathaniel is 8, Laliyaah is 6, Nazaaria is 3, Isaiaah is 2 and Maarquay is 8 months. **note** in my siggy Aaron and Elijaah are switched, I didn't notice for about two weeks after the siggy was made for me, so I just left it.

WHat was your inspiration to have a big family ? I just believe my kids are all meant to be.
#12 is on the way
September 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why do you like "a" so much. Cool names! But them is a lot of a's!

What do you want for your kids in their adult lives?

What do you think the next one will be named? How about Naahum if a boy? That is an old Jewish name. (pronounced Nay-um)
September 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Why do you like "a" so much. Cool names! But them is a lot of a's!
LOL...it wasn't really intended until Elijaah. I just liked Isaac, then named Aaron after me (mn...Erin), realized we had an accidental double a, so I added an extra a to Elijah, then just had to keep going with it after that.

What do you want for your kids in their adult lives? Happiness, stability, love, success (and I don't mean money necessarily, just to succeed at (most) whatever they attempt), contentment.

What do you think the next one will be named? How about Naahum if a boy? That is an old Jewish name. (pronounced Nay-um) Not bad, maybe too close to Naathaniel, but it couldn't be much closer than Isaac/Isaiaah, huh? Ya know I didn't want Maarquay, I wanted Maarcus, his dad didn't like it, said it was too plain. I wish I had insisted upon Maarcus. I have a feeling this is a girl. Maybe Evaani (or Avaani) J'Nessa. Not too sure what a boy wold be. I have always LOVED Obadiaah.
#12 is on the way
September 8th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any pets?
Can I come to your house for dessert?
Can you post a pic of your kids altogether?

September 9th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Do you have any pets? A ball python, a bearded dragon and an iguana

Can I come to your house for dessert? Sure, anytime you are hanging out in the metro Detroit area.

Can you post a pic of your kids altogether?Sure, it's from February though at their cousins bday party so it has my two nieces and two nephews in it as well as my kiddos. I don't have a digi camera so I don't get many new pics on the computer, also for some reason they won't resize, so they might be gigantic.

My two oldest...

My oldest with Naathaniel, Laliyaah and Zari
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not ignoring this post on purpose...I'll come back with Q's just been busy! hugs

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's your favorite holiday as an adult?
What was your favorite holiday growing up?
Who are you closest to in your family?

September 9th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Oh I wanted to say the oldest son is quite a heart throb!

Do you believe in arranged marriages?

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

September 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
What's your favorite holiday as an adult? Thanksgiving!! I LOVE to cook!!!

What was your favorite holiday growing up? Christmas, of course. As an adult I am not particularly fond of it and am referred to as "Momma Scrooge" by my kids.

Who are you closest to in your family? My mom!

An arranged marriage could work...LOL. He is a pretty nice young man. He's a Young Marine, plays football and basketball, tries hard in school, is very respectful, does yard work for older people in the neighborhood for his own spending money and does lots of volunteer work! He also changes, feeds and takes care of babies...rare, I think, in almost 15 year old boys!
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2009, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=

An arranged marriage could work...LOL. He is a pretty nice young man. He's a Young Marine, plays football and basketball, tries hard in school, is very respectful, does yard work for older people in the neighborhood for his own spending money and does lots of volunteer work! He also changes, feeds and takes care of babies...rare, I think, in almost 15 year old boys![/QUOTE]

PERFECTO! My oldest daugther is 14 years old, and is exactly as you describe your son. And yes, you have a gem for a son because my 15 year old would not dare change his sister (maybe it will change when I have my baby boy in Jan!).

You're not too far from us either, like what, a two and a half hour drive or something? LOL! I am so silly!

September 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long does it take you to get to eat your own dinner? LOL (as in it takes me a while to get all three big kids all set and ready to go for dinner before I get to my own plate LOL)....

How old were you when your first was born?

Did you ever play an instrument?

What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite food? You like to cook so that could be a hard question LOL...

Do you ever giggle at yourself when you are unloading your van and kids keep filing out? (I know I do and I only have four)....

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
How long does it take you to get to eat your own dinner? LOL (as in it takes me a while to get all three big kids all set and ready to go for dinner before I get to my own plate LOL)....
I eat after the kids, the table isn't big enough, so usually an hour or so when they are finished.

How old were you when your first was born?21

Did you ever play an instrument?
The flute in elementary and middle school

What is your favorite color? To wear, blue, black, gray. To decorate with, bright colors, reds, blues, greens...

What is your favorite food? You like to cook so that could be a hard question LOL...Grilled chicken salad

Do you ever giggle at yourself when you are unloading your van and kids keep filing out? (I know I do and I only have four)....I laugh at the way people look at me like I am crazy, or when I see people counting my kids
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search