Could use good thoughts today UPDATE

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going in for an u/s this afternoon to see why I'm having pressure/twinges on my right ovary. This has been happening since Feb. yet when I went in for an u/s in May w/my OB the tech couldn't visualize the ovary well yet the diagnosis was that all was fine. I met w/my OB last week who brushed me off (I left quite angry) yet when I looked at the u/s report my right ovary measured 2.33cm3 whereas my left measured 4.81cm3. For those not familiar w/ovarian measurement, 4.81 is OK, 2.33 means I'm about 80 years old! So all is definitely NOT well! I called my RE yesterday and managed to convince them to send an order in to an imaging place here so I can see what is going on. I'm not sure if I'm hoping they find something or not; if they find something I know this pain is not all in my head yet if they don't find anything I will feel foolish. If nothing else I will get to see which side I'm ovulating on (my bet is left).

Getting an u/s is always a bit worrisome for me as I've had too many with bad results.
-----------
UPDATE: I WAS RIGHT!!!! I have had it with OBs who won't listen!!! I lost my right fallopian tube to an idiot OB and now it turns out I have a cyst on my right ovary that is HUGE! I saw it immediately and wanted to cry from anger. I also want to send a copy of the u/s pic to my OB along with the bill from the imaging center. Don't know what will happen now but at least I know.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.

Last edited by ♥womanintheshoe♥; September 9th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
September 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hoping all goes well and you figure out what is going on.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
My thoughts are with you and my fingers are crossed that all is well.

KUP

September 9th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto the others!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything is ok. Weird things like that would drive me insane. Keep on them!
September 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! I would sue your other doctor. Honestly, look into it, talk with an attorney asap. I hope it's okay, my MIL had a VERY similar issue, though the doctor did look into but then never saw the results in her chart so told her she was fine, but all along she had a cyst, thank GOD it wasn't cancerous! I hope everything works out and you're okay! KUP!

Ashley,doula and busy mom to:
Brianne 11
Colin 10
Kylie 9
Bryson 7
Noah 5

September 9th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How frustrating...doctors like that probably wont even remember what he told you or that he saw you at all....stupid head! UGH...hugs...hope you get it all figured out!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 10th, 2009, 07:59 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so upsetting!! Doctors are sometimes so rushed to get to the next patient that they don't spend enough time with any of them!!! You have to be your own advocate. It's good that you pushed this issue and I agree with Ashley - go after that doctor!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-----------
UPDATE: I WAS RIGHT!!!! I have had it with OBs who won't listen!!! I lost my right fallopian tube to an idiot OB and now it turns out I have a cyst on my right ovary that is HUGE! I saw it immediately and wanted to cry from anger. I also want to send a copy of the u/s pic to my OB along with the bill from the imaging center. Don't know what will happen now but at least I know.[/QUOTE]

OMG this makes me angry

I hate when these idiots won't listen to us! I almost lost my daughter as a result of this idiot pediatrican who would not listen.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry the dr wouldn't listen to you. Now you know what is wrong and I hope it gets taken care of right away. I would have sent that bill back to the ob too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search