Do you all have names for furture kids picked out or are you like me?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If this kid comes when her brothers did, I have less then 6 weeks and am going bananas. I'm not feeling a single one of the names on our "maybe" list and neither is DH! Family is no help, they think we are nuts. BIL who has NO children has the names for his first 6 picked out (just getting his wife on board for even 1 is the problem now.. though she helped pick the names out *scratches head in confusion*), my SIL has had a boy and girl name picked out for the last 12 years in hopes of having at least 1 more... well anyways. We like to meet the baby first which makes the fam nutty but, usually I have a few names I'm excited about. The other night Hubs and i talked some more and our 15 name list... well he told me he pretty much hated the entire thing... At the moment

Jemma Eden or Jemma Evangeline is winning with me but it seems so close to Tessa

Safia is another one i like but another "a" ending which DH has insisted he wants to avoid this time around. No one has warmed to my idea of just using Safi / Saffi / Saffy for her name- makes sense to me b/c that's what she'd be called anyways

I felt SO HORRIBLE when Boden went nameless for over 2 days but i guess it turned out ok b/c in the end *I* got my way... sigh

so do you have future kids named already? Do you have any name suggestions for us? (my other kiddles are Mira Eve, Tessa Gwen, Levi Dean, Boden Troy)

I would be naming this one Eden except I'm Erin and when The Hubster went across the house and yelled both names i could NOT tell the difference, which would get really REALLY annoying

Last edited by Doodle; September 14th, 2009 at 09:21 AM.
September 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Veteran
I think Jemma Eden is really cute.

I don't have any future names picked out. Kevin and I always go round and round will names. A couple of weeks before my due dates we finally agree.

Let me think about other names that could go with your other kids names. It sounds like you want all them to have different sounds so their not too close.
September 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to name #3 Saffron, but we didn't think we were cool enough to pull that off. Now I wish we had because she is really cool. All that to say, I could see you naming her Saffron Jemma or Saffron Eden and calling her Saffi, anyway!

I can say you will know when you see her. I wanted Galina the whole time til the baby came out and I took one look and wanted Tessia. Now I want a new baby who nurses right.

PS: My DH has a great grandma somewhere named Saphronia Elizabeth. I think I am going to push for that if we have another girl.
September 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I loved Saffron too, but ended up naming #1 Sapphire.

I like Jemma A LOT, it was on list for #4 (just spelled Gemma)

Oh and we are TERRIBLE at naming baby girls. Sebastian I always wanted (nickname Bastian, like the never-ending story) but all three girls names were picked at the hospital.

GL! When you meet her it will come to you.

September 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my names already. Dh has no say in it so that is nice - it's all about my choice. It's funny because just when I get to use what I think is my last girl name I get another name in my heart...never fails. This last time w/Megan the name Hope Jubilee was the name on my heart when I was still pg; Shoshana Grace is another. Boy names (although I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever have another boy after so many girls!) are: Peter Nathanael and Seth James.

I waited w/#3 to name her and it made me crazy, too. I actually had the name Carina for her but as soon as she was born I knew that wasn't her name. After countless rereads through the baby name book and lots of prayer I came up with Carissa Renee...and it fit her perfectly.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
As soon as I get baby fever I start looking up names. (ps..that is usually as soon as baby is born lol)....

I have a few names I've heard and I like....but dh usually declines them all.....I have a hard time finding something old fashioned...that isn't the new "Emma" (ps my oldest is Emma....but I wasn't online like I am now and didn't realize HOW popular it was....so while I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name...I'd have not named her Emma in hindsight...)....So first we find a name we like then I take it to the popularity thing I found online...and see how it ranks...preferably not on the list at all LOL...but if it is WAY low.....

Some names that make it to my "list" end up being crossed off after finding out they are becoming more popular. Usually if I hear of someone naming their child the same name...even if I'm not overly close with them...I'll change it lol...I'm anal about it now that Emma is such a huge name..LOL...I guess that is one of my OCD things...names! LOL...

Wish I had OCD about cleaning...then my house migh tlook nicer! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 15th, 2009, 04:35 AM
huckleberry312's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have all my names picked out already. I stick with pretty boring names. We also are limited because our first 3 have the initials J.D. and our last two have J.A. Our next will be a J.A. If it's a girl I like Janessa Anne and for a boy Josiah or Jonah Andrew. Like I said pretty boring. I don't think my kids could pull off something original.

Randie

September 15th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy, I've got nothing. Actually I do have a boys name picked out...nothing for girls though. I believe Carrie was eight days old when we named her. That's right...over a week. I only named her then because the social secuirty lady from the hospital threatened to send off her birth certificate as "baby girl."

How about Sofia? There are a set of twins in my daughter's preschool named Tessa and Sofia...I've always liked their names.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search