Posting this with some trepidation...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know everyone's history but am hoping there is someone here who can relate to what we are going through w/ttc. I can't post this on the TTMA board because I don't want to hurt the hearts of the dear ladies.

We cannot conceive on our own. Over the last few years my body has changed and I don't respond to normal amounts of hormones. We tried 4 IUIs, 2 w/meds, and none worked. So we moved to IVF which resulted in our precious Megan, a lost twin, and 6 frozen embryos (2 of which are very poor quality so really it's more like 4). I nursed Megan as long as she would as opposed to weaning her early like I did #7 in hopes of getting pg (fat lot of good that did...didn't get pg until 15mo later!). I also prayed during this time that my body would miraculously change, that things would "click". My first cycle postpartum was perfect - it was like I was 20 again. Only I ovulated on the wrong side (only one tube). This cycle was disastrous - ovulation was delayed and now that I'm actually ovulating (today) my body isn't responding with any (and I mean ANY) fertile cm. We considered doing IUI but decided to put the $ toward another IVF cycle.

My heart is breaking knowing I am ovulating on the right side and not giving this cycle a chance, yet after 4 failed IUIs I know not to "play the lottery", to put the $ and time to better use.

I need to have someone to talk to about this and, like I said, I can't exactly post on the TTMA board. I am so scared the IVF won't work - that I was lucky once and don't dare hope for a second time. We don't want to use my 34yo embryos yet, we'd rather try for some 36yo embryos and leave the 34yo ones on ice (they are my nest eggs...lol). I have to hide what we are doing from everyone because there are so many negative comments (usually from those who have no clue what fertility struggles are like or who can't fathom wanting more dc). The comments I hear/read are really heartless and cruel not to mention ignorant.

The amazing thing is that my sweet, precious, wonderful dh is completely on board with this! How many 32yo men w/8dc would agree to another cycle! He has been supportive and encouraging...I am really lucky.

That's all. Please, if you disagree with IVF, please don't say anything in this post. I've heard it, I've been told bluntly what others think. And yes, we've looked into adoption...it costs about twice what an IVF cycle does.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have my support!

I got alot of crap TTC my 5th and 6th children. My first four from my first marriage were made without even thinking and when I got remarried, my dh had no children and we wanted more together.

We tried and tried and no luck due to male factor fertility issues. Then onto IUI which resulted in my dear little Korinne, but the baby I am pregnant with was a 'surprise' baby and quite frankly surprised us all

But aughhh, how I HATED the rude comments about how if you have to get scientific help to concieve it was not meant to be, and even more the rude comments how I already have four why would I want more? Duhhh, like dh didn't deserve a chance to have his own children????

I wish you the best in what you do and you do have my vote

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
September 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am praying for you! Be comforted. I don't have a clue about infertility issues, but I do understand wanting "just one more". My sil had quads with IUI. I pray you are blessed!
September 15th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm praying for you. It doesn't matter what others think. If a pregnancy forms...it's meant to be...kwim? Science doesn't go around God, God allows science to work....so POO POO to those who can't support you...HUGS

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
(((hugs))) and good luck, I hope everything works out for you and you are blessed with another dc.
#12 is on the way
September 16th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:hugs: People can be so cruel sometimes I say go with your heart!
September 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree! I have had serious fertility issues too ~ and that is why I ONLY have four children. If you can afford it, and have the ability to keep using all measures possible to have more children ~ I say GO FOR IT!! It really is no one's business but yours and your dh. We are here to support you!!

I am sure many ladies here know the feeling that someone is missing from your family. Good luck!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 16th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't post here much because my kids are all still really young and I don't have much to say. But I need to chime in and say that I totally support you!

I have experienced infertility. To conceive my twins we did 7 IUI's, an IVF and a frozen IVF cycle that gave us our very first BFP. I feel that people should be able to have as many children as their heart desires.

I wish you all the best and feel free to PM me if you just want someone to chat with about all the emotions an IVF cycle can bring.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

September 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
MotherFrog's Avatar lost in la la land
You do what's best for you and your family. What anyone else says can be flushed down the toilet.

I have fertility issues now and I still want another baby. I'm going to do what ever I can to have another. It's not greedy, it's not selfish. There are souls waiting to be born and some one has to have them!

Go for it hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search