When It Rains, It Pours...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We sat in the ER with our 20 month old Bryson for 6 hours yesterday b/c he was coughing and wheezing so hard the albuterol treatments we were doing at home weren't even helping. They were so close to admitting him but after 3 hour-long breathing treatments he sounded well enough to go home. So I get home last night with him and my oldest, hubby was home with the baby and the 2 others, and we go to sleep, only wake up to Colin (the 4 y/o) puking! UGHHH! So he can't anything down. So I'm cleaning up puke, giving breathing treatments, and trying to keep the baby and 2 other well ones away from them. And here's the kicker, we leave Wednesday to drive 15 hours to NJ b/c we're in my brother's weeding next Saturday!!!!My kids NEED to be well. I'm like a psycho cleaning everything, wiping stuff down, and washing and sanitizing hands. Every 20 minutes I make every child sanitize their hands! Gosh, it's only September, this year is gonna be a rough one...As if I'm not having a hard enough time getting used to having 5 kids...sometimes I just feel like I can not handle any more, I need a break here...

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

September 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Ashley - I am soooo sorry! I hope everyone feels better soon.

BTW - where in NJ are you going?? I am not too far from NJ and that's where my dh works.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everyone feels better!

September 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
having 5 5 and under is tough! i know how you feel. i have sick kids right now too and trying to keep them separated is just not easy. i have to keep the baby in my room and we lock the door so only dh and i can get in. we really don't want him sick. and the swine flu is going around really bad here right now. my friend that i saw just last sunday..and held Oliver (2 wks old) is in the hospital right now with it. i'm freaked. anyways, i sure hope they all start feeling better.

September 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Kelsie, if you're breastfeeding the baby I wouldn't worry much, best defense right now for the tiny ones is breastmilk!

I'm going to northern NJ.

We're actually doing much better this afternoon! Thank goodness! Colin decided he was hungry, then ate 2 packs of peanut butter crackers, 2 juices boxes, a grilled cheese sandwich, and an apple! He's now running outside, so I guess he's better! Bryson is doing better too, sleeping peacefully. I think we're gonna make it!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,

September 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Isn't it great how quickly they bounce back!! Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.

September 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM
Yes, it was literally like a miracle, a total God-send. Within an hour Colin stopped throwing up and Bryson stopped wheezing. I think God knew I couldn't handle any more. I'm NOT religious at all, but I do think I was at a breaking point and it's kind of funny how all a sudden everyone was better...hmmm, coincidence? Maybe, but whatever it was I was so happy! My day turned around and I felt like I CAN get through this. I just need to keep positive, I will get through this trip to NJ, I will get through this wedding without crumbling from exhaustion and stress, and my kids WILL behave on our trip...one can only hope, lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search