Socks. Ugh

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Now this may seem like a silly question / problem but I am having the hardest time telling whose socks are whose when sorting, matching and distributing. My two older ones are getting hard to differentiate even though there feet are very different sizes. What do you do? I have a couple packs of the Hanes with the color coding on the bottom but the shades of blue are hard when I bleach the socks and change the colors.

September 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Socks are my enemy! I can't tell my two boys' socks apart at all so I put a few stitches of red thread on my oldest boys so I can tell that there his. My kids are color coded . Alyssa is green, Coleman is red, Emmalyn is pink, and Lucas is blue. I haven't decided is the baby will be puple or yellow yet, lol.
September 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
If the sock fits...wear it. Thats my motto...LOL. I gave up trying to figure out who's is who's.
#12 is on the way
September 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma
If the sock fits...wear it. Thats my motto...LOL. I gave up trying to figure out who's is who's.
LOL!
I tried that once... the boys were not willing to wear anything that was pink.. sheesh

The only way I dealt with this (since there are teens in the mix) - my oldest (15) does not want ANYTHING of his washed with anyone else's, the world would end in a massive laundry explosion & people would suffocate in the tangle of socks..but seriously, he has been made to be responsible for his things which means that he brings it down together, I will wash it on his own - socks issue solved there.
For my daughter, that's easy, she's the only girl (other than me that is), and again, being a teen she wants her things to themselves.
The two youngest being only just over 10 months apart - it doesn't matter, their feet are the same size.
Do socks always have to be white? What about black for one kid, grey for another.. they don't appear as dirty, nor are they as much work to get clean as white ones lol

September 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also use the Hanes w/the colored stripe but the dc also have different styles. For example both my 13yo and 12yo have blue stripes (one light, one dark) but one sock style is crew, the other ankle. They know their own socks and do all the sorting. I love the stripes/colored toe thing on socks now - makes my dc's job so much easier! Even my 3yo knows the colors and can help sort.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Hmmm.. that's a good idea with the different styles. Thanks!

September 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I admitted defeat, the socks have won and I don't care anymore, I have a big basket filled with socks and I let the kiddos find their own. I try to buy the same socks so that are easier to mate.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

September 22nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I admitted defeat, the socks have won and I don't care anymore, I have a big basket filled with socks and I let the kiddos find their own. I try to buy the same socks so that are easier to mate.
Admittedly, there is just no way that anyone could confuse my 15 yr old's socks with the rest of the kids - he wears a mens size 11 shoe!
Of course, now that we have moved in with my SO and he's 6 feet tall with the same sized feet, I switched the 15 yr old to straight white socks (no grey heel/toe) so it was easier with the big feet in the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search