How many bedrooms does your house have

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Batemanclan5's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello my fellow large family mommas. I have a question that I need an answer to. I just had my 5th baby at the end of July and now we are continplating buying a house. We live in a 4 bedroom home right now but we are military and live on base. We want one of our own. I guess my question is how do you have your kids rooms set up? We have 3 boys in one room 1 girl in hers and the baby in his. We want more kids just want the space to have for everyone. I apologize if this question has been asked before. Thanks in advance
September 21st, 2009, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie

I have four kids and three bedrooms, DH and I in one, girls in another and boy is alone. At some point we want to build a bedroom in the basement as I think the 10 year old may not want to keep sharing the room with her 2 year old and 6 month old sister.

GL

September 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We have three bedrooms, and a family room acting as a bedroom at night. Upstairs is SO, me and the two littlest ones, two boys in one other room, two girls in another room and my two oldest using the family room until we can finish the basement.
#12 is on the way
September 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
We live on base in Germany and have 5br quarters. Dh and I have one room, the two teens have another, the two preschoolers together, the baby has her own room and dh uses the 5th for his office (otherwise it would end up in MY dining room which wasn't about to happen lol). We're going to be here another 3 years, so we're definatly done because we're out of room for children lol

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
September 21st, 2009, 11:00 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
3 bedrooms (for now) , 4 kids
SO & I in one, 15 yr old boy in another, 14 yr old girl in the 3rd. The two youngest are using the family room for now as well until the basement is re-done. It was already finished, but we're in an area hit by flooding and the basement got pretty wet
We have to rip it apart and re-do things thanks to the weather & the condo corp not fixing the weeping tile.

September 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have 4 bedrooms plus a nursery (converted the walk-in closet off the master). 2 boys are in one bedroom, 2 eldest dds in another, 3 younger girls in a room and baby in the nursery. Next summer we are turning our master bedroom into a girls' suite and giving it to the 4 younger girls - it makes sense as we don't need a huge closet and double sinks! So we'll be in a regular bedroom. So far everyone fits just fine. We have bunkbeds plus a trundle bed underneath each bunk so we can fit quite a few dc in each room. Closet space, though, can be tight for the little girls (we limit the amount of clothes our older dc have so closet space isn't an issue) hence the move to the master bedroom/closet.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
September 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 girls in one, 3 boys and baby in one, me and husband in one. There is always room for one more. I would like another room, but we don't have one. It is ok. You can put 4 or more in a small room.
September 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have three bedrooms, us in one, the 2 boys share and then the three girls share

September 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
~Valerie~
We have 3 bedrooms plus converted some of the basement into a 4th. Me and DH have one, Liam and Caden share one, Xavier in the 3rd and Arianne downstairs
September 22nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 bedrooms......Master bedroom, Boys room, Girls room.
Dh and I have decided this will work just fine for us until our oldest girl turns 15. There's a 7 and 10 yr age gap between her and her sisters, so when that time comes we will either build on or relocate to a bigger home w/ 4 or more bedrooms. That way she can have her own room and then when she moves out the next oldest will move in.
September 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have four. One teenager has her own, my 9 year old has her own, and the boys share, then one for me and dh. It works for us.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 22nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we have 6 bedrooms in the main part and 2 more in the MIL apartment. dh and i have the master and of course, Oliver shares with us. other wise, the girls are in one and the boys in another. which leaves...5 rooms for storage. once the kids are old enough to start complaining about sharing, then we'll separate...but i don't see that happening anytime soon. i really like them sharing because it leaves the mess in only 2 rooms and not 5....which would suck.

September 22nd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids each have their own room, and us in the master bedroom, so we have 6 bedrooms. I am happy the kids have thier own rooms, but that said, I would not let the number of bedrooms be a deciding factor in our family size, if we had half the bedrooms we would still make it work just fine (the space just helps a bit with organization).
September 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
RunninLateAgain2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RunninLateAgain2
We are very lucky that my handy hubby built our home w/enough rooms that each child could have their own (except for the newbie lol). When we lived in a 3 bedroom home w/5 kids my husband turned the garage into a huge dorm style room w/3 closets and we had the older two in that room, the younger two girls and our son were in their own rooms (smaller rooms) and hubs and I converted the basement into a master suite. It was a lot of work but so worth it when it was all done. Before all the conversion we had two girls in one room, two girls in another, then toby, jake and I in the master. He was about two when we finally finished it all so he was in w/us for the whole first two years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search