Are you country or suburbs

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Batemanclan5's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you guys live in the country with land or do you live in neighborhoods? If you live in neighborhoods what does your neighbors think about all the children you have? My parents live in a new house in a subdivision and when we go visit if there are neighbors outside and they see all my kids pileing out of the van they give us a look as to say "well there goes the neighborhood" LOL
September 21st, 2009, 07:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I live in a suburb. Our yards our small in my neighborhood and we are all righ on top of each other. My neighbors on one side have three and are going to try for a fourth. They're great. Nobody really gives me any trouble about having a large brood though. I have been asked if I was Catholic, but I think it was their curiosity, not their passing judgement.

I also just found out one of the new neighbors one street away has four. And they are spaced almost exactly like my four.

September 22nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
The kids & I were out in the country, which has some advantages (space & quiet), but much more disadvantages (not many kids for mine to play with, long commutes to/from work, less opportunity for the kids to have socialization outside of school etc)

Since we moved in with my SO we're in the suburbs (basically) that are homes in a condo setup with smallish yards and lots of kids in the area

September 22nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well we live in a neighborhood but the houses are pretty spaced out. Lots of room to run and explore. There's a wooded area right behind us, so when we are in the back yard it feels like your in the country! I love it here.
The neighbors don't seem to mind, or else I don't care enough to notice . Besides, in these small towns giving people something to talk about is like giving them gold!
September 22nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We live in a neighborhood, its a more "urban" area than suburban, really. We just moved here about 2 1/2 months ago and so far the neighbors are dealing very well. The man next door is a widower, but he and his wife had eight children themselves. He likes the noise the children bring to the neighborhood, so he says.

Our neighborhood is nice. Its racially diverse, about 70% black and 30% white.
#12 is on the way
September 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are in a suburb. My neighbors don't seem to notice the kids too much. My one neighbor is moving ~ so we will see what the new neighbors bring. (Single woman - hope she likes kids!)

I wish we lived somewhere rural.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we're in a subdivision...out it in the country. we have just under an acre of land...which isn't a lot..but it's enough for sure. our neighbors are all pretty old and there aren't many kids near us. but there's plenty of yard for the kids to be occupied.

September 22nd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We live in the country with lots of woods around. There really isn't much of a neighborhood to speak of.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
we're in a subdivision...out it in the country. we have just under an acre of land...which isn't a lot..but it's enough for sure. our neighbors are all pretty old and there aren't many kids near us. but there's plenty of yard for the kids to be occupied.
an acre sounds lovely

September 25th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our neighborhood is mostly young familes so there are tons of kids around. our next door neighbor also has 5 kids so there's 10 just between the two of us. The other families have mostly 2 or 3. They seem to think my neighbor having 5 kids is more acceptable because it's a 2nd marriage for both and they each brought kids to the deal. Whereas, I intentionally had 5! Not to mention I homebirth and homeschool. What a crazy neighbor I am! :-) :-)

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
September 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Mommy to Many
We are suburban in a neighborhood but it just outside of the city limits, literally, the Welcome to the City! sign is just four houses down! Lots of kids further down the street on both sides, on the suburban side about five houses away there is a duplex with 8 kids between both sides. On the city side there are multiple homes with 3 or more kids. We keep to ourselves though; we have a huge backyard fenced in that backs up to a small church's property and our kids usually play amongst themselves. No one cares about how many kids we have... I don't think.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search