doctors

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2009, 03:55 AM
shari626's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How quick do you call the kids doctor/ped when they are sick? Think back to your first baby - did you call the ped a lot with your first baby? I know I did.
I almost NEVER call the ped now. I pretty much know the answer to everything that they will say for the basics - like fever, coughing, cold, etc.

Most of my IRL friends call me first before the ped!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

September 24th, 2009, 04:36 AM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
My first baby was mister sickly, he had constant ear infections and at 6 months had gastroenteritis thanks to a hospital visit due to the ear infections. Turns out he had swollen tonsils as 'normal' to his body which added pressure and stopped his ears from properly draining!
Tonsils & adenoids removed, problem solved!

Otherwise the kids have been pretty healthy for the most part, so although we have a family doctor, I don't even remember the last time we saw him.

September 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I guess I'm kinda opposite.
Until my oldest was 3 she was incredibly healthy. I don't ever remember calling for anything other than regular checkups. But just after she turned 3 she started getting sicker and sicker and I was calling about everyday, finally she was diagnosed w/ Type 1 diabetes and since then I feel like were always in constant contact w/ some sorta healthcare professional.
So even when my other children start to feel sick I tend to call and ask to be seen. Even when I know it's probably just a virus I'm still afraid. I can't help it
September 24th, 2009, 07:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
They have to be pretty close to death LOL to get me to take them to the doctors. I hate doctors. Really hate them. After my emergency csection I checked out AMA after about 12 hours.
I treat at home for the kids, believe in waiting it out, use home remedies. I don't go near doctors..ever.
#12 is on the way
September 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MamaJessie
I tend to wait it out. I can't stand over medicating kids and a lot of dr's just hand out scripts to placate parents.

September 25th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with my 1st we had to see the doctor all the time up until 5 months because she was mysteriously ill and they thought it was some kind of long term disease or genetic issue- it was her shots. After we stopped her shots she did not see a doctor again for months and months and still rarely goes. DD2 had severe ear infections and her ear drum would burst so we were back and forth. She went fairly often until we realized gluten was an issue for her. Since removing it 2+ yrs ago, she's a lot healthier. My sons rarely go. Levi tends to be very healthy and now that we recognized Bo's food allergies, he's a lot healthier too. The doc gets annoyed b/c i dont bring them for all of the wellness checks but I find the more we visit the doctor the more we are sick. Since neither are vaxed, there is no reason to go in any more then 1x every 6mo - 1yr for a wellness check at this point

September 25th, 2009, 10:26 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only go if they are pretty sick. I have always been like that. to many germs at the dr. office!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
September 25th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rarely, after the first year.

September 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I rarely called with any of them...and now that we've chosen to nonvaccinate our youngest for now...I've not talked to the doctor since she was 4 months old. LOL...she just turned a year...so not often at all! LOL

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
Well, I guess I'm kinda opposite.
Until my oldest was 3 she was incredibly healthy. I don't ever remember calling for anything other than regular checkups. But just after she turned 3 she started getting sicker and sicker and I was calling about everyday, finally she was diagnosed w/ Type 1 diabetes and since then I feel like were always in constant contact w/ some sorta healthcare professional.
So even when my other children start to feel sick I tend to call and ask to be seen. Even when I know it's probably just a virus I'm still afraid. I can't help it
Yeah I know what you mean.

My youngest has been on life support due to her seizures, and many illnesses can turn deadly.
So I usually am right on it when she gets sick, as she is also athsmatic as well.

My healtheir kids, I usually wait it out a while though.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search